08-17-2019

PH

7 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 1 of 2

(Lenovo Legion Y520) F2 key works by itself but Fn+F2 does not

2019-08-17, 13:53 PM

I currently own a Y520 for a year and a month now. An issue that recently rose from my laptop is that at rare occasions, although the F2 key is still working by itself (keyboard testing sites prove it), Fn+F2, which is supposed to lower the volume, won't work. Fn+other Fx keys still work though, excpet for F2. Restarting the laptop multiple times does not solve the problem. This happened once before and it just resolved itself, but now it's taking quite a while. The odd thing is that when I hold Fn+F2, and then let go of Fn while still pressing on F2, it actually does what Fn+F2 is supposed to do, and when I press Fn again, it stops working again, and letting go of Fn makes it work again. I am really confused, is this a software or a hardware issue? Are there any temporary or long term fixes?

Options

601 Posts

08-01-2018

US

399 Signins

10425 Page Views

• Views: 10425
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: (Lenovo Legion Y520) F2 key works by itself but Fn+F2 does not

2019-12-14, 17:26 PM

Hi rajinstorm!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Is the drivers and BIOS on your computer up to date? Run the Lenovo Vantage app and check for further updates needed.

Try to enable/disable Hotkey features to ensure the functionality of the F2 key.

Also install the Lenovo Nerve Center for the Hotkey Feature.

Apologies for the delayed response.

Regards,

Jerry_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete