Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-11-2019

India

5 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Legion Y520 - Faulty Keyboard, Faulty LCD Panel and Disintegrating Body

2019-05-11, 8:38 AM

My keyboard stopped working last year (within a year after buying the laptop) which was fixed by customer support. But somehow the body which was replaced was not correctly restored. It caused laptop opening and closing issue. It made a cracking noise which I had reported to the Lenovo team. Although, it was not prominent, it was IGNORED by the customer support team mentioning that it is was not covered under warranty. Now because of the improper keyboard integration, I am facing LCD panel display being over bright at two spots at the bottom of the screen. Additionally, the bottom of the body is disintegrating though which the internals of the screen are visible. I have highlighted this to the customer support team, and they say that we cannot cover this. However, the Lenovo warranty document suggests otherwise. Furthermore, when I talked to US customer care, they mentioned they will replace it and asked my address. When I mentioned of being in India, they redirected me to Indian customer support and here I get to know that it cannot be done. If Lenovo is not willing to help with such issues why it selling such warranty scams? Is the customer with same issue and different countries treated different? Sadly, the post purchase services of Lenovo are pathetic.

Last year I have suggested a lot of people to buy Lenovo products. But interacting with customer care, I realize that after buying the product you do not get the expected services. So, my suggestion to anyone henceforth would be: THINK TWICE BEFORE GOING WITH LENOVO. DO NOT BUY IT AND CONSIDER OTHER BRANDS!!!

Options

6389 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

28903 Signins

1655523 Page Views

• Views: 1655523
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520 - Faulty Keyboard, Faulty LCD Panel and Disintegrating Body

2019-05-21, 1:18 AM

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

5478 Posts

04-19-2012

Slovakia

7980 Signins

305919 Page Views

• Views: 305919
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520 - Faulty Keyboard, Faulty LCD Panel and Disintegrating Body

2019-05-31, 23:12 PM

Would you send me a private message with case number to confirm with repair center?

Miguel Gonzalez

EMEA Consumer Technical Trainer
Lenovo Slovakia

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms