Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spearks
What's DOS?
Views: 87
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Legion Y520 GPU Problem

Hello,

i have a Lenovo legion Y520IKBA notebook for 10 months, which runs integrated Intel HD630 Graphics and then AMD Radeon RX560 Graphic card.

I had no problem for playing games on high settings with solid fps, usually i am playing World of Tanks on 70-90 fps, but today in the middle of battle, the screen freezed for 1sec, then it went quality down and fps dropped to 7-14, i guess that somehow notebook switched to use HD630 Graphics instead of RX560. I am running 19.5.2 Adrenalin 2019 drivers. It offers me upgrade from 19.5.2 to 19.9.1 but when i did it in past, the same thing happened so i am running older drivers because of that. GPU tempeature is about 38-43C°. Here is what i tried and nothing worked:

- hard restart of notebook
- using CCleaner and DDU for cleaning drivers and reinstalling
- in device manager i uinstalled and installed new drivers
- checking in BIOS if dedicated gpu is enabled 

Nothing of this worked, anybody else had this problem and solved it? I checked older topics, but none of it worked for me. I will be glad for any idead, thanks a lot. 

Guru
Views: 53
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520 GPU Problem

Hi there

So you're saying that even after rebooting the laptop, the game is still using integrated graphics?

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals