Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonkl
Paper Tape
Views: 3,386
Message 41 of 239

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520 Keyboard

Mine is in for repairs at the moment (in Portugal). Was told it could take up to 30 days (!!). If I get the chance for a refund, I will definitely do that and buy another brand laptop. 

Before handing it in I tried calling their customer service phone, but they just kept hanging up on me. Pretty horrible service imo. 

mig6004
Punch Card
Views: 3,370
Message 42 of 239

@simonkl wrote:

Mine is in for repairs at the moment (in Portugal). Was told it could take up to 30 days (!!). If I get the chance for a refund, I will definitely do that and buy another brand laptop. 

Before handing it in I tried calling their customer service phone, but they just kept hanging up on me. Pretty horrible service imo. 

That does not sound very well. In the Netherlands, and perhaps in Portugal as well, there is an option to have Lenovo customer service call you back; Perhaps you could give that a try?

How long has yours been out for repair now? The repair center might just be struggling to get the spare part... Have you registered yours on the website? If you did, you might be able to check the repair status on the support site.

simonkl
Paper Tape
Views: 3,366
Message 43 of 239

I didn't get any chance to ask for a call back. They answered the phone and then just hung up without saying anything. I did register the laptop on the Lenovo website, so I'll check to see if I can see the status there. I handed it in Friday, so I'm crossing my fingers that it will be ready soon. I was just warned that it might be up to 30 days.

DekoFounder
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,244
Message 44 of 239

Just go to setting > update and security > trobleshoot > Keyboard > Run the troblershooter > problem fix for me!

DekoFounder
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,244
Message 45 of 239

Just go to setting > update and security > trobleshoot > Keyboard > Run the troblershooter > problem fix for me!

Highlighted
wasya666777
Punch Card
Views: 3,093
Message 46 of 239

hi. well, looks like this issue comes to my after 1 week of not hard usage. and i started to look for solution, because laptop is nice and i loved it. after a day of researches i find,  that it comes not from metal plate on RAM, but just from screw head? that touches keyboard slate. if you dont afraid to open bottom of notebook, try to cover screws head with some antistatic plastic. wish i help somebody

Gelehrte
Punch Card
Views: 3,078
Message 47 of 239

I also put a piece of plastic to cover the system board under the keyboard cable and so far it works for me -button E used to be not responding. Previously I also had the issue with the improperly set iron sheet.
wasya666777
Punch Card
Views: 3,076
Message 48 of 239

just one E not responding? my trouble gone, after it. but i use not simple plastic, also noticed it happend after awakening. and right side, near touchpad  kinda sensitive

Veldman2
Punch Card
Views: 3,068
Message 49 of 239

Hi, what do you mean by "keyboard slate"?

Can you show where exactly the screws are touching and what they are touching?

And what exactly did you do to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.

wasya666777
Punch Card
Views: 3,060
Message 50 of 239

well, if you looks at manual guide, you will see, photo of disconected keyboard slate, under this slate hides screw. besides, its not all. i think that there is some problem with spase at the right side of touchpad. if you press it, issue can return. don't want to disassemble 1 week age notebook to the motherboard))) maybe someone else can give some advice in it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors