Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VisserNk
Punch Card
Views: 5,260
Message 71 of 237

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520 Keyboard

Hi, i contacted italian support by phone but they weren't able to give me the service tip, i don't know why.. so can you give to me more instructions please? What i have to do? thanx
GREEEG
Paper Tape
Views: 5,172
Message 72 of 237

Hello everyone,
I had same problem as all of you. I did 4 steps to work it out.
1) I removed bottom part of laptop to get inside,
2) I looked at metal plate that cover RAMs, it was mounted correctly so there was no issue with that,
3) I cut old plastic card to have slim narrow piece of it and put it under the cable tray (see attachment),
4) I did not put the screws back I just lay the cover back using latches (it sticks hard together anyway so who needs them Smiley Very Happy)

Sorry I didn`t take the photo from inside, but I wasnt sure if it`s gonna work and don`t want to open it again.
I did this 3 days ago and so far so good.

wasya666777
Punch Card
Views: 5,155
Message 73 of 237

plastic card can brake your keyboard slave.it should be some antistatic plastic, like package from ram or hdd. and you should to screw corner scrows, to return some stiffness of the constitution to your laptop. only sides screws in middle line coud make issue come back
GREEEG
Paper Tape
Views: 5,150
Message 74 of 237

I`ll try to do it only with these 2 screws then.

L4s7re4lg4mer
What's DOS?
Views: 5,098
Message 75 of 237

So the problem is caused by the bending of the motherboard when those screws are attached. But that doesn't show where is the short circuit in the scheme as excess bending caused by the screws makes the short circuit it happens when i travel with my laptop and take it out of the bag and eventually the problem disappears at some point. I think that those screws will be also a temporary solution as the time passes the chassis of the notebook will be more deformed with aging. I think that Lenovo should point out exactly where the problem is if their engineers really found it. For this price tag notebook, this is ridiculous. It like the scandal with the bending iPhones OMG. Never going to buy lenovo again.

VisserNk
Punch Card
Views: 5,092
Message 76 of 237

You are right and there is an official solution by lenovo, but i can't access it trought customer care with that Service Tip code, indeed i hope that the admin will reply with more clear instrusctions.

For now after 3/4 days all still go well after the removal of screws
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 5,087
Message 77 of 237

VisserNk,

I stated you need to refer to the service tip, not ask for it.  The support agent will be able to view the content of that tip and decide which action they need to take on hand of your symptom description and system information.  If something should be unclear just ask them to open a service case for you.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

wasya666777
Punch Card
Views: 5,079
Message 78 of 237

well, looks like there is everething fine since i put some piece of antistathic plastic and unscrew those screws i sayed. no reason to fear, on my opinion, because i use it with different scenarios, include taking it in bag and others. and - everything allright. so, i think, i found the solution for this issue

VisserNk
Punch Card
Views: 5,077
Message 79 of 237

Hi Andy_Lenovo

sorry if my words are not so clear i'm not english mother tongue, give, ask, look, call it as u wish, but my customer care service weren't able to give me any kind of solution or information about this service tip, they didn't understand even what i mean about that code. Only solution provided by them were send the pc on warranty for reparation and hardware fixing, great solution i was able to find it by myself. If the support agent can't look at the service tip, what i have to do? Can you give to me a solution please?
wasya666777
Punch Card
Views: 5,071
Message 80 of 237

besides, yes, lenovo should give their solution for us

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors