Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VisserNk
Punch Card
Views: 3,570
Message 91 of 240

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520 Keyboard

After almost 2 weeks, mine still ok, without screws.
Julkito24
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,517
Message 92 of 240

I handed mine for support this Monday, today it arrived to the centre, I hope it does not take too long...

I did not try any of the recommendations in here for one simple reason: If I pay 1000 euros for a laptop I want the laptop to work well and as it is supposed to.

Opening it, putting plastics, removing screws... all of that is great if it works but be aware that the problem can come back and we do not know exactly what the problem really is, some people had completely different solutions work for this same problem and that is what bugs me the most.

It is hard being without my computer and not being able to play games but in the end I d rather do it and be completely sure that the issue will be fixed and not worry about weyher it will come back or harm my computer in the future.

Highlighted
susnament
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,249
Message 93 of 240

Julkito24!

By the same consideration, and with the same problem, I will send to repair my Y520  too. If you will get yours back, would you please write down that the service were able to solve the issue or not? I hope it is a mechanical issue that can be solved by replacing the defective part(s).

Julkito24
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,233
Message 94 of 240

Susnament,

I will post here as soon as I get a solution for my computer.

Good luck to you, I hope they fix it fast.
Dan138
Punch Card
Views: 3,227
Message 95 of 240

Service centre had mine for 5 days now appears to be working ok (fingers crossed)
Apparently they did not replace any parts but would not elaborate on what they actually did to fix the keyboard
VisserNk
Punch Card
Views: 3,219
Message 96 of 240

Can you measure the screws? Smiley Very Happy Maybe they have replaced them.
Julkito24
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,215
Message 97 of 240

I got an update on my service ticket:

Despite our best efforts to maintain inventory of all repair components, the service parts needed to repair your machine are currently unavailable. We are working diligently to complete the repair in a timely manner and will do everything possible to provide current status updates as additional information becomes available.

Apparently they need to change some parts and do not have Inventory.

I contacted them by e-mail about this and they said they cannot provide a replacement or refund as they have 30 days to repair it.

10 days so far.

So it looks like I am going to have to wait the full 30 days until they tell me again that they have no parts and give me a refund...

Outstanding job Lenovo, great stuff...

VonShark
Punch Card
Views: 3,162
Message 98 of 240

Hi, everyone,

I had the same keyboard problem, the E, G, H, Fn, F7, num 9, num /, num - num + keys failed. The notebook was once in service, with the same problem, after about a month, the same problem began to appear again. I probably know the probable cause. In the area under the numeric keypad, there is a graphics chip and processor and there is a high heating. I think, that with this high heat, the keyboard circuitry will burn out and cause this problem. If I'm playing with the keys on the numeric keypad for a while, the dysfunction keys will start working after a while. Over time, however, the problem is increasing, for example, I have a totally dead num "/"key.. As I described earlier, it will be a serial fault. I'll send the notebook back to service (it's under warranty) and I'm curious about how it will work. I am afraid that even after another repair, the problem will reappear, and in that case I will deal with it by returning the notebook to the retailer and leaving my money to buy a laptop with other brands with the same or better hardware configuration.

This notebook is really good for playing games on the go. I'm even helping him with the cooling pad all the time, but if it ever turns out, that the fault is causing the above, so this did not really work with Lenovo, my colleagues.

I apologize for not very good English, I use Google translator, I'm from CZ.

Thanks

Julkito24
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,154
Message 99 of 240

Hey VonShark,

Thank you for telling us your experience.

What you mention is true, in my case it also got worse with time.

Keys would not work for a little bit and as soon as the computer was running for a while they worked.

I am really disappointed with Lenovo, they know about this issue and they do not provide a REAL solution as they should knowing they made a mistake in the design.

Let's see what happens...
susnament
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,129
Message 100 of 240

Hi all!

The problem is exactly the same here, after 1 month problem free usage, the last week we traveled to a friends house, where wasnt air conditioning, and the problems started. When we arrived at home, in my case it also got worse with time. A little push to the surface right to the mose pad helped, but its almost doesnt work now. Next Thursday i will send it to the service, i will tell you if i get any info. Maybe before that i will write an email to the service, I am curious that they have any info about this particular problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors