Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Employee Giuliano_Lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 3,857
Message 81 of 239

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520 Keyboard

Hello VisserNK

in Italy you can directly go to your nearest service point - no need to contact support in advance. Please locate yours here . You can be either geo-localised or can select an address. If you are located >40km from the nearest service point, you can request a free pick up from your address. Just make sure you tell our representative in the chat you utilised before.

And, of course, please do quote the service tip Smiley Happy

VisserNk
Punch Card
Views: 3,847
Message 82 of 239

Ok, you also saying to send the pc to assistance, so no technical advice or engineering solutions. Ok well, i can't work a month without that pc.. i think i will keep screws off and that's it.

That's bad, it could be better if when there is a technical solution it is share to all to permit who have technical skills to intervene without wait 2/3/4 weeks. Even if that invalidate warranty, it is a customer's choice.
Bye
Lenovo Employee Giuliano_Lenovo
Lenovo Employee
Views: 3,836
Message 83 of 239

Hi VisserNk,

we'd like to understand more. You mention a month - not sure where you got the information from. We'd like to confirm that Lenovo Services prides itself with efficient and effective service. We certainly don't want our users to be separated from their units for such a long time Smiley Happy

One other thing we believe we have to clarify is that certain parts can only be accessed by a certified technician. We appreciate some users do feel like having more than enough technical skills and we do not argue on it. Yet, we need to apply standards to ensure our products are always trated following our strict standards. Of course - yes, it would be a customer choice to operate opening/removing parts that would invalidate the warranty.

VisserNk
Punch Card
Views: 3,830
Message 84 of 239

Hi Giuliano,
i mentioned a month because 3/4 weeks are not shameful for a normal/good customer care.. it could be a reasonable time for sending the item to the repair center, do the fix and send it back. But for me, imho, is not a reasonable time for an item that has a design error and costs 1300 euros.

Without controversy and criticism, in that specific case, probably the issues could be a wrong type of screws, so i repeat in that specific case if we could read the technical solution we would be able to choose if it is worth to send the item or not. Because if the solutions is: 22mm long screw instead of 24mm if you allow me maybe I would avoid the whole procedure.
Obviously if the final solution is: replace or fix any parts from motherboard or keyboard i'm smart enought to understand that i must send it to customer care.

But also i understand that a big name as Lenovo must have standars.
I will see how pc "responds to my repair".
Bye
AbsolutPleb
Paper Tape
Views: 3,694
Message 85 of 239

Instead of having everyone who is experiencing this problem call customer support, why wouldn't lenovo publish the "service tips" online for everyone to see? This would allow people to immediately access the solution to their keyboard issue without having to call Lenovo and have customer support's phones ringing off the hook. Could you not do this for us? If not, what is the logic behind why you cannot?

Dan138
Punch Card
Views: 3,674
Message 86 of 239

Hi Andy
As advised spoke to my support in Rayong Thailand...they didn't know what a service tip is....is there some direction I can point them in.
thanks
Dan

BotirUmarov
Punch Card
Views: 3,648
Message 87 of 239

Hi, Lenovo. Also in my country (Uzbekistan) in Service Centre they don't know about that service tip #SF17-0017. Why you can't/won't explain the solution here? That would help the customers faster...

Lenovo Legion y520 + Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime + Xiaomi Mi Band 2
JM92
Paper Tape
Views: 3,372
Message 88 of 239

Any update on this? Any other solutions besides taking it to Lenovo Support? I have the same problem as everyone but i have noticed that by going to Lenovo Settings and toggle the keyboard backlight on and off instead of pressing Fn + Space Bar it would fix the keyboard problem. Well for me that is temporarily, until i turn it back on some other time. So yeah try that instead of pushing your keys hard you might break something. I have yet to try the screws or the antistatic plastic idea. Lenovo support in belgium is pretty far from where I live and Im not French or Dutch speaking too. I really hope they're English friendly when i do call. 

simonkl
Paper Tape
Views: 3,369
Message 89 of 239

I tried all of the suggestions in here, but nothing helped more than a few hours.

I handed my laptop in for repairs, and 11 days after I got it back. It has now worked without issues for close to two weeks.

I'm not sure what they replaced, but the trackpad, keyboard, and sides of the laptop had that "new computer" plastic attached when I got it back.

Veldman2
Punch Card
Views: 3,353
Message 90 of 239

@simonkl

Was your computer in the same state as before when you got it back, or did you have to install all your programs again?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors