Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VonShark
Punch Card
Views: 3,114
Message 101 of 240

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520 Keyboard

Well, when the laptop came back from the service, the repairing report only mentioned that they had exchanged the top chassis with the keyboard. What caused a problem, nothing written. I'm really very curious, what the problem is causing. According to my assumption, it's broken keyboard circuits, due to high heat, from the CPU and graphics chip. Somewhere, I read a review, that the predecessor, of the Legion Y520 had problems with cooling and the Legion Y520 has just the same problems, because it took over cooling from its predecessor, I think it was on the notebookcheck.com website. If you were visiting a friend at home, where there was hot air, it's a lot to confirm my belief, that keyboard circuits are burned, from high CPU and graphics chip temperatures. In the past I had 2 laptops. Acer and the ASUS G53SW. I still have both older laptops and still work very well, without any problems.

Julkito24
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,110
Message 102 of 240

Cooling problem.... it could be it also fits my case as the problem started more or less with the coming of hot days and I have no AC at home.

Anyway, I wonder what they will do with mine or if they just will wait 30 days until giving me a replacement/refund.

But if they fix it and the problem comes back again (it is very hot here in Bratislava this summer) then I am going to be really mad and further disappointed with Lenovo.

I will keep you updated.
VisserNk
Punch Card
Views: 3,105
Message 103 of 240

Bah.. It could be.. and it could depends maybe from differents series of same model.
Here in Italy now there are 35C and i play games with this pc.. so very high temps.
In some case the CPU throttle but nothing relevant, and the surface is always quite cold.
In my case i don't think is a temp issue, lenovo has improved a lot the colling system from prec models i think.. no perfection but acceptable.
VonShark
Punch Card
Views: 3,101
Message 104 of 240

Okay, here is the review and testing the Legion Y520 with i7 7700HQ and GTX 1050Ti - the same laptop, as I have: http://laptopmedia.com/review/lenovo-legion-y520-gtx-1050-ti-review-the-y-series-are-finally-on-the-...

VisserNk
Punch Card
Views: 3,097
Message 105 of 240

Yes, CPU throttle a bit with stress test, not a real life condition... they could do better but i keep a temp logger open all the time and i can say to you that temps are quite good.. mainly on surface.
And I have 35C ambient temp
VonShark
Punch Card
Views: 3,091
Message 106 of 240

Well, there is no point in arguing, it will not solve our problems. When I report the problem to service center, by phone, I will ask for a detailed description of the problem, after the repair, but I'm afraid, it will only shorten to a "hardware problem" and we will never know the details, as in the previous case.

Škoro
Paper Tape
Views: 3,071
Message 107 of 240

Ahoj dnes sa mi vratil po 18 dnoch moj LegionY520 zo servisu reklamacia bola zamietnutá lebo zavada sa neprejavila..Hned po prebrati na predajny som ho vyskusal a klavesnica  ("e", "g", "h", kláves fn, číslice 8 a 9)  ôbec nefungoval znovu som ho posielal do servisu !!! nechapem Lenovo nikdy viac !!

google trans: Hello today I returned after 18 days my LegionY520 from the service of the complaint was rejected because the boot did not show up. Right after I moved to the stores I launched it and the keyboard ("e", "g", "h", fn keys, digits 8 and 9) did not work at all again I sent him to the service !!! Do not hesitate Lenovo never more !!

VonShark
Punch Card
Views: 3,031
Message 108 of 240

That's odd, then... But, it could have happened, that at the moment ,when the technician worked on the laptop, the keyboard worked normally. It also happens to me, when I turn on my laptop sometimes and work with it. The keyboard works normally and later I have problems with it. I don't know what to do. I'm afraid that even after the next repair, the problem will happen again and the laptop will go back to service - again. I know, that for the third time, I have the same problem, I have the right, to return the money back, but to argue for it, with the seller ... I do not want to do that, because they do not like it very much. Apparently, I'm going to deal with an external USB keyboard.

nvidkiller
What's DOS?
Views: 2,770
Message 109 of 240

I had the same keys go dead on my Y520. The E,G, and H keys. I sent it in to warranty repair and it came back 3 weeks later with the same issue right out of the warranty return box! The return ticket said they updated my drivers.

Are you kidding me....

I was led to this solution from a user posting on my Youtube video. So I pulled the 3 middle screws from the back of the case and so far, so good. Its only been a few days but when the problem was occurring it was very frequent, so I'm optimistic. Hopefully this is the last of I see of it.

reezal46
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,727
Message 110 of 240

I may have figure out a possible solution. Not too sure if anyone came up with it before. What I did was i slot in a small piece of anti-static plastic sheet (which i cut from a electronics packaging bag) in between the keyboard cable and the battery casing and taped it down with electrical insulating tape. Tested for a few days without the back cover screws in and now I have all 13 screws screwed in. So far hadn't had any problems with my E,G,H and Fn keys. I have attached a pic of my fix. Hope this works for you guys as well.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors