cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonqlumov
Paper Tape
Views: 436
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Legion Y520 - Remanufactured by an authorized third party ?

I recently purchased this laptop from a local store (not official Lenovo), and it has these stickers on it.

Is this a refurbished laptop?

Should I return it? The price was not cheap and I was paying for it like new. The serial number of the laptop (looked it up in the BIOS) and the one on the packaging are the same, please help.

unnamed.jpg

Admin note: picture removed showing s/n to avoid possible abuse.

gryzor
Fanfold Paper
Views: 418
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520 - Remanufactured by an authorized third party ?

"remanufactured" sounds very similar to 'refurbished" in real terms, and the description matches it. On the other hand, AFAIK Lenovo refurbished products have a "REF" suffix to their serial numbers, but your photo is shaken and not readable.

That said, the last part that says about a 90-day warranty should raise the alarm. And that alone should give you motive enough to return it at once.

simonqlumov
Paper Tape
Views: 405
Message 3 of 4

The laptop comes with 2 years waranty, however not official Lenovo waranty but from the local seller. Whatever the situation is, I returned it to the store and asked for my money back, since they did not tell me the laptop was "remanufactured" or whatever wheh I was buying it.
Thanks for the reply.

gryzor
Fanfold Paper
Views: 403
Message 4 of 4

I'd never trust a store's warranty. What if they go bust? This smells - bad. You did well by returning it since, in effect, they sold you something different than what you asked for.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors