Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-14-2018

Finland

4 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Legion Y520 performance issues and 100% disk usage

2018-12-14, 12:18 PM

I bought a lenovo legion y520 couple months ago and the performance has been horrible.

It has an i5-7300HQ and an GTX 1060 Max-Q 3GB, 8gb of DDR4 ram and a 1 terabyte hdd.

The laptop is really slow, mainly because the disk and ram are always in high usage even when im not really doing anything and barely any programs are open (only programs that are always open are discord, steam and google). In game the processor is over 85% usage, the disk is 100% and ram is 80-90%.

I have tried alot of different solutions to fix these issues like disabling and/or uninstalling some programs to changing the power settings to max performance. I already have sent this laptop to lenovo once and they changed some parts which did improve the gaming performance, the fps increased from 20 to 40 fps in overwatch on low settings to 50 to 70 in medium settings. I have reset the laptop completely to factory settings twice already and that has not helped at all, i would like to hear if you had some solutions to this problem!

Options

156 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

136 Signins

585 Page Views

• Views: 585
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Legion Y520 performance issues and 100% disk usage

2019-01-12, 13:19 PM

Hi Niko_Annala! Welcome to Community Forums.

We need to know what's using the memory and disk. Go to Task Manager then Open Resource Monitor. Please send a full screenshot of the memory and disk usage, so we could check.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms