GB

50 Signins

445 Page Views

• Views: 445
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Legion Y530-151CH ACHI

2020-05-28, 23:09 PM

Hi folks, 

I have noticed after changing my SSD that I cannot change to ACHI within BIOS.

I ask, as with the Adata SSD I get some free software, but when I try to install it it says it cannnot access ACHI. When I go into the BIOS there is no mention of it or how to change it to ACHI.

Any advice on the above point would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

Scott

Options

3 Posts

05-28-2020

US

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Lenovo Legion Y530-151CH ACHI

2020-05-28, 23:18 PM

Hi Scott,

I doubt the BIOS supports that. Please tell what does it say under Configuration > Storage inside BIOS settings?

Options

27 Posts

03-25-2017

GB

50 Signins

445 Page Views

• Views: 445
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo Legion Y530-151CH ACHI

2020-05-29, 7:02 AM

Hi Sat, 

Apologies I never seen your reply as it was so late last night. 

Anyway see images and it does seem that it can be changed afterall if you expand the "storage" tab, but it will result in wiping the drive.

So that it maybe something to do the next team I do a clean install.

Pity though as reading from different articles it does increase the speeds of the SSD a little bit more and allows the vendors diagnostic software to be used.

EDIT: I also suspect that when I do a clean install I will have to take OS from Microsoft site because if I use the USB method from Lenovo it might reset the BIOS again to what they want. That then leaves the question of "will my Windows 10 be authorised when installing?" 

Yes, it means reinstalling all the required drivers etc but upon reading various articles some say it gives you an even better increased performance on the SSD but some more reading will be involved I think to see if the benefits outweigh the cost of doing another reinstall at this time.

Overall my system is lightning fast now, especially gaming and I noticed a restart from Windows desktop back to Windows desktop only took 8.2 seconds which I am pretty happy about.

If anybody else has any input feel free.

Scott

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete