Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swiftystorm
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,350
Message 1 of 11

Lenovo Legion Y530 Wont Boot Windows

So I have a Lenovi Legion Y530, I bought this very recently. Specs: i7 8750H, Gtx 1050Ti, 16 Gigs of Ram, 128Gb SSD, 1Tb HD. So I decided to overclock my gpu (with Msi Afterburner) I increased the GPU clock by 350mhz, and the memory clock by 150mhz. I also undervolted the cpu by -0.140 volts. (I'm pretty sure this is the gpu's problem). I tried running Time Spy in 3DMark. This worked before I overclocked. While the benchmark was loading, it froze on the loading screen. Everything else worked, but I couldn't exit. It was just stuck on the screen. I couldnt enter task manager, or go to the desktop. My only option was to force shutdown. When I turned it on the Legion logo popped up and had the loading icon. Then it disappeared and nothing's loads after it, it stays as a black screen. Keep in mind that I don't have the tools to access the internals of the laptop. So I need a way to fix it someway else. Thanks in advance.

Guru
Views: 2,365
Message 2 of 11

Re: Lenovo Legion Y530 Wont Boot Windows

Press the tiny Onekey Recovery button on the side of the computer (will need a paperclip). From there, go into safe mode. The laptop should boot up now. From there, simply open up MSI afterburner and stop the overclock. Hope this helps, let me know what happens.
Swiftystorm
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,319
Message 3 of 11

Thank you so much for the response! Unfortunately I can't try this right now, but I will let you know if this works.

Guru
Views: 2,317
Message 4 of 11

No problem, let me know what happens when you get around to it.
Swiftystorm
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,288
Message 5 of 11

Hi, I tried your solution, but is there a certain duration I need to hold the button? Also do I press it right when the laptop turns on or when the legion loading screen is up?

Swiftystorm
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,286
Message 6 of 11

Oops, I figured it out myself, I was pressing the button while the computer was on. Thank you very much!

Swiftystorm
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,283
Message 7 of 11

Also, so after I entered safe mode, I got to the login screen, I typed in my password for my laptop, but it told me I had the incorrect password, (Even though it's the same one I've been using) It usually asks for my pin, but it says password now.

Guru
Views: 2,273
Message 8 of 11

Your pin and password are different I'd assume. I don't fully recall, but I think I had to set up my password and pin separately, but I set them to the same thing.

If you don't remember your password, are you sure you can't get it to let you use a pin instead?

If you can't go into your laptop through a normal boot because of the graphics card and can't login with safe mode because you don't know your pin, you might have to factory reset (Which you can also do by using the onekey recovery button).

I'd try to remember the password to avoid this, let me know what happens.

Swiftystorm
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,267
Message 9 of 11

Hi, I finally figured it out after a while. Thanks for all the help!

Guru
Views: 2,263
Message 10 of 11

No problem, glad that everything worked out !

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors