Options

2 Posts

01-14-2021

EG

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Legion Y540 15IRH RTX 2060 I7 9750H 16GB RAM constant thermal throttling!

2021-01-14, 11:43 AM

I'm so done with this issue... I have no idea what to do and I've researched alot and tried many different things.

The only thing that works is turning off Turbo but that compromises performance greatly which is nonsense

I've actually got a new motherboard and repasted in this 7 months old laptop because for some reason my laptop would shut down just right after booting to windows and I still have this constant throttling issue!! I used to just disable turbo but I didn't this time and realized I'm losing around 30~ FPS in Call of Duty: Warzone which is alot!! I have UVd -0.150V with barely any noticeable difference in CPU temps

My GPU is at around 78 with Turbo on which I guess isn't bad but the CPU is blowing up between 90-96 with constant thermal throttling that is driving me insane.

Is this OK? Should I just stop worrying about the CPU temp being so high or must I do something about it?

please help! thanks in advance

Attachment: Stress test result from XTU showing throttling that lasted the whole 5 minutes.

Options

841 Posts

04-23-2019

US

433 Signins

13857 Page Views

• Views: 13857
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Legion Y540 15IRH RTX 2060 I7 9750H 16GB RAM constant thermal throttling!

2021-01-14, 16:34 PM

Hello @Sabanekh,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Normally 90℃ is usually normal for gaming on a triple A title.

Are you using the machine in a well ventilated area with a surface good for cooling the machine?

I'll wait for your reply.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms