Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

08-29-2020

Poland

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Legion Y540 - Audio issue

2020-09-29, 17:02 PM

Hi, I've recently bought Lenovo Legion Y540 and, unfortunately, i've got a problem with mini jack. When I plug in my earbuds or microphone, I can't find them neither in control panel nor in device manager. I was looking also for Realtek HD Audio, but I've got only Realtek(R) Audio. I tried to fix the problem using Realtek Audio Console but when I plug in earbuds, most of the options there just disapper. Another problem is that when I plug in microphone, I can't hear anything. It seems like the laptop thinks that I plug in earbuds and the laptop speakers turn off. What is more, when I plug in earbuds and talk to friends, my microphone makes some silent funny noises. I can hear them too in my left earphone. What is interesting, when I turn sound off using f1 or turn up the volume, I can't hear these noises as they are too silent. And what is even more interesting, when I play The Witcher 3, I can't hear them at all, even with really low volume. 

Does anyone know what can I do? Is it a problem with mini jack or maybe with drivers/sound card? Laptop microphone and speakers work well... 

Options

4350 Posts

12-13-2016

United States of America

5984 Signins

71496 Page Views

• Views: 71496
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Legion Y540 - Audio issue

2020-09-29, 19:17 PM

Welcome to the Community

Lenovo uses a mechanical jack in most of its laptops. That is, the jack doesn't talk to Windows. As soon as something's inserted, it breaks the ground connection that's common to the internal mic and speakers. Plugging ordinary earbuds into the jack should work. Plugging a microphone into it won't, unless that microphone is part of a mic/headset combo and the pinout matches the one Lenovo uses: From the tip, it's Left Audio, Right Audio, Ground, Microphone. 

I've read in some other threads that disabling Microphone Effects in the Realtek console might solve your microphone issues.

Just some ideas until someone smarter comes along. :)

Doc

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms