Did you mean: 
Boga89
What's DOS?
Views: 703
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Legion Y720 - Subwoofer Crackling Sound

Hello everybody,

I have been experiencing a following issue:

Everytime I launch World of Warcraft application, the red triangle on the bottom of my laptop (subwoofer?) starts to make a constant crackling sound. It doesn't happen anywhere else but only in the WoW application. I can hear the sound all the time even if I mute the whole laptop and mute all applications, even if I plug in headphones. It sounds like a hardware electrical crackling sound.

As I said it only happens in WoW, as WoW is probably my only application that fully uses the 1060 graphics card. I wonder is it due to the poor inner construction and the electrical flow around the subwoofer?

I have the letest Realtek drivers, I also tried to turn off Dobly Atmos to no avail. The sound immediattely stops when I Alt-Tab to desktop but leave WoW running, but it is back when I Alt-Tab back. So something in that application is causing a crackling sound to the woofer. I believe it is a question to Lenovo forums rather than WoW forums.

Any suggestions, or anyone experienced the same?

Cheers! :-)

Guru
Views: 662
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Legion Y720 - Subwoofer Crackling Sound

Have you tested the subwoofer by playing youtube video with some bass?

Does it work fine?

EDIT -

Are you playing connected to the charger?

Can you change the wall socket to where the charger is connected?

Try using a power strip with power surge protection to see if that stops the cracking.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Happymess
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 601
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Legion Y720 - Subwoofer Crackling Sound

Hey!

I am having the same issue as you, did you find any solution to fix it somehow?! 

I am thinking about reinstalling Windows may would help, but Im not sure. It is strange since if I do a restart, it doesnt make that squeeky sound, for 10 minutes, but the it does it non stop. I bought it a week ago, everything was fine until today... 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors