Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

04-12-2017

United States of America

27 Signins

390 Page Views

• Views: 390
  • Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Legion Y730 - Dolby

2018-12-12, 7:32 AM

SUMMARY OF PROBLEM

I recently purchased a new Legion Y730, it's only been with me for 5 days now, and on the day I received it I was able to open and use Dolby Atmos Speaker System application to set the audio to the music preset. However, I think Windows must've updated and now I can't use the Dolby application anymore and the audio doesn't sound as good as when Dolby is active. 

The screenshot below shows the message I'm getting when I open the Dolby Atmos Speaker System application, stating "This application is not compatible with your device". I've uninstalled the audio drivers and re-installed them from Lenovo's driver & software page for this particular computer model but to no avail, I still can't get the Dolby app to work the way it used to.

Please, could someone help me out with this problem?

AUDIO DRIVER DETAILS

• Realtek Audio 6.0.1.8464

OPERATING SYSTEM DETAILS

• Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
  • Version 1803
Answer
Options

6 Posts

04-12-2017

United States of America

27 Signins

390 Page Views

Re: Lenovo Legion Y730 - Dolby

2019-06-07, 22:50 PM

NEW WORKING SOLUTION

• For anyone experiencing problems accessing Dolby Atmos Speaker System on their Legion Y730, there's a YouTube video which shows a working solution with instructions on how to download and install Dolby Atmos Speaker System driver and application.
  • Video link can be found at the end of this post.

IMPORTANT WARNINGS

• The Dolby driver from the video is not digitally signed. Use it at your own risk.
  • The Dolby driver from the video will overwrite any instance of the Realtek audio driver causing the microphone to stop working. To resolve this; After completing the Dolby driver and application installation process shown in the video, simply download and install the Realtek Audio Driver from Lenovo's Drivers & Software page. The microphone will function normally afterward.
  • Watch the video and note the instructions carefully for a successful installation.

RESULTS

• Dolby Atmos Speaker System will be working, accessible and usable (launch it from the Start menu or Lenovo Vantage).
  • See the following screenshots.

[oldimg]166255i7C6ABA18E0C330C2[/oldimg][oldimg]166256i6A0CF5A210EBCBC0[/oldimg]

VIDEO LINK

CREDIT

• Credit goes to the video maker/owner CoolTechtics.

Replies(7)
Options

222 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

155 Signins

855 Page Views

• Views: 855
  • Message 2 of 8

2018-12-28, 10:01 AM

Hi Richie01! Thanks for reaching out to our community. Please try the steps below and let us know if this is helpful.

Go to Device Manager, delete the audio drivers.

After that, go to control panel > programs > uninstall a program > then look for realtek software install and then uninstall them. 

Restart the laptop and then download the driver here https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/mdly03af08r3.exe then check if your Dolby is working. Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

01-10-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 3 of 8

2019-01-10, 6:27 AM

Hi Arjay,

I got the exact same problem here with my new Y730.

What drivers should I delete?Also, there is no realtek software in the  "control panel > programs > uninstall a program."

Thank you for helping out.

Options

409 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

163 Signins

956 Page Views

• Views: 956
  • Message 4 of 8

2019-01-10, 12:40 PM

Delete the Realtek (R) Audio driver under Sound, video and game controllers. Restart your laptop and download the driver again. 

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/LEGION-SERIES/LEGION-Y730-15ICH/downloads/DS504808

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

01-10-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 5 of 8

2019-01-30, 13:28 PM

Hello,

If anyone is still having this problem, download the offline version of Dolby Atmos for Gaming from this link and install the application by unzipping and opening the first APPX file called "a6723d259b2c477ea7605d2c58ddab3c". I've contacted Dolby Atmos about the issue and they came up with this simple solution. So there was a problem with Microsoft store rather than the laptop or the application.

After that, when you're using the application with an earbud or headphone and the application pops up an error message saying this,

Go to C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc and delete theses four XML files IF THE FOUR FILES ARE DUPLICATED ONCE AGAIN IN THE FOLDER

"Headphone_Default_Generic_Default_DolbyAtmosSpeakerSystemForGaming"

"Headphone_Default_Generic_Large_DolbyAtmosSpeakerSystemForGaming"

"Headphone_Default_Generic_Medium_DolbyAtmosSpeakerSystemForGaming"

"Headphone_Default_Generic_Small_DolbyAtmosSpeakerSystemForGaming"

After you do this, the file should look like below.

If I resolved the issue, great. But if I didn't, I'm sorry since I'm not an employee from Dolby. I just posted the steps that they went through to fix my problems. Your laptop might have a different issue, so if that's the case, contact Dolby.

I hope I helped anyone who had the same issue because I was really frustrated that I couldn't use the application. But now as I can, I am enjoying it haha. 

Options

6 Posts

04-12-2017

United States of America

27 Signins

390 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2019-01-30, 15:43 PM

Here's an update to this issue.

UPDATE: LENOVO VANTAGE DOLBY SETTING

Though I'm still unable to use the Dolby application itself and despite the lack of access to the Dolby equalizer, Lenovo Vantage has the Dolby Settings which allows me to choose the options I want (see screenshot). All the options work (Dynamic, Movie, Music, Voice) except Gaming which crashes Lenovo Vantage when selected. I'm not sure if the option was always available in Lenovo Vantage or if it was an addition when updated. This will do just fine for me.

I'd also like to mention that I contacted Lenovo Support when the issue occurred initially and they used remote desktop to re-install the audio drivers (which I've done myself to no avail) and it didn't resolve anything pertaining to the Dolby application. The support agent asked if I purchased Dolby... as if they had no idea that Dolby is installed on the Y730, then they told me to reset Windows. Fortunately, I found the settings in Lenovo Vantage before taking that step. 

Thanks to everyone who posted a response.

Options

1 Posts

03-12-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 7 of 8

2019-03-12, 23:35 PM

Hello,

I am having some trouble with my lenovo legion y730. When I received my computer, dolby atmos worked fine, but weeks later it says that there is a problem (see screenshot). I do not know what to do. I have purchased 4 computers and all have the same error

Answer
Options

6 Posts

04-12-2017

United States of America

27 Signins

390 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2019-06-07, 22:50 PM

NEW WORKING SOLUTION

• For anyone experiencing problems accessing Dolby Atmos Speaker System on their Legion Y730, there's a YouTube video which shows a working solution with instructions on how to download and install Dolby Atmos Speaker System driver and application.
  • Video link can be found at the end of this post.

IMPORTANT WARNINGS

• The Dolby driver from the video is not digitally signed. Use it at your own risk.
  • The Dolby driver from the video will overwrite any instance of the Realtek audio driver causing the microphone to stop working. To resolve this; After completing the Dolby driver and application installation process shown in the video, simply download and install the Realtek Audio Driver from Lenovo's Drivers & Software page. The microphone will function normally afterward.
  • Watch the video and note the instructions carefully for a successful installation.

RESULTS

• Dolby Atmos Speaker System will be working, accessible and usable (launch it from the Start menu or Lenovo Vantage).
  • See the following screenshots.

VIDEO LINK

CREDIT

• Credit goes to the video maker/owner CoolTechtics.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms