cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hamsta007
Paper Tape
Views: 376
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Legion Y730. Low performance in games after returning from sleeping state.

So. After I wake up the laptop performance in games is so poor. I suppose the laptop starts to use Intel integrated graphics card instead of nVidia's one. But i'm not sure.

Performance drop for example on Apex legends from 100 FPS to 20 FPS in the main menu.

I use 430.39 driver from official nVidia site.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 335
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Legion Y730. Low performance in games after returning from sleeping state.

Hi hamsta007! 

Welcome to the community forums. Have you check the processes or programs running in the background? You may try first to perform a clean boot. See this forum link: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-8-1-8-7-Vista-and-XP/How-to-troubleshoot-a-problem-by-performin...

Does the laptop works fine if it was restarted? 

Regards,

Matt_lenovo

Moderator comment: Link expanded for transparency.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

hamsta007
Paper Tape
Views: 305
Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo Legion Y730. Low performance in games after returning from sleeping state.

Yeah. After restart everything works fine. It's not about processes, i'm 200% sure

magichotdog
Punch Card
Views: 285
Message 4 of 4

Possibly use ddu and reinstall nvidia drivers?

Edit: Are there any tasks acting strange on task manager after you go into sleep mode and is your game running on gpu engine (GPU-0 3D) while running them.; Before running ddu you could also check the nvidia global manager to have programs automatically select which gpu to use. Does changing windows performance mode  to best change anything?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors