Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Freay
Paper Tape
Views: 543
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Legion y520 shutdown games during play

Hello,

I have a problem with my Legion y520, generally after some problem with USB the Lenovo service change the motherboard for the new one. After this the problem with the games started. When I play any game (from steam, gog galaxy, epic games and so on), after some time the game shutdown without any warning or a small stop (up to 5sec - don’t respond to any actions). The amount of time after which the problem occure differ from 5min to even a 30min. The system don’t generate any crash reports so it is hard to check what is going on. Additionally this problem occurred after the change of motherboard in the laptop (before everything was OK). I carried on test for GPU (FurMark) the maximum temperature that the sensor registered was 71 after 15min of test. I used a Lenovo Vantage for the hardware scan and everything was OK. I have updated all the software and honestly I don’t know what to do next. I bought this laptop for the purpose of playing and I can’t do it.

I work on win 10 64 and the hardware specification is below:

Intel core i7-7700HQ CPU 2,8GHz

16GB Ram 

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti 4GB (second one Intel HD Graphics 630 – integrated)

SSD 250GB

All best

802.11n
Views: 489
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Legion y520 shutdown games during play

It look like RAM explosion on gaming ,but I saw it has a 16GB Ram ,um... Try to do a memory test !
img_5771f80a26f52.png

Android Roadmap
https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/documents/ht101396
https://support.lenovo.com/

Freay
Paper Tape
Views: 478
Message 3 of 5

Hi, 

Thank for the reply. I did the memory test like you suggested and everything is OK. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 452
Message 4 of 5

Hi Freay!

Welcome to the community forums.

Have you checked the temperature of the laptop before and after playing games with your Legion Y520 laptop? If not yet, could you check your laptop's temperature and let us know the result. Mark_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Freay
Paper Tape
Views: 436
Message 5 of 5

Hi, 

Yes, before gaming the temperature of the GPU was around 34 degree and after playing for 15min around 60 degree. For now my laptop is in Lenovo service and I'm waiting for them to fix it (I hope that they will).

Best 

Freay 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors