Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

07-22-2021

Canada

2 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Next Day On-site Support in Canada | Legion

2021-07-22, 6:50 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm planning on buying either the Intel or the AMD version of the Legion 7 Gen 6. First time Lenovo buyer here.

Just had 2 quick questions. I read on another forum that there is no dedicated Lenovo service centre in Canada and therefore any warranty claims (and upgrades like next day onsite support/ultimate support) are not possible and that the laptop has to sent to the US. Is this true? I am based out of Vancouver, BC.

Secondly, when I'm on the additional warranty page for the AMD version of the Legion 7 Gen 6, I get the option for "Legion Ultimate Support" but when I'm on the additional warranty page for the Intel version of the Legion 7 Gen 6, I get "Premium Care with On-site upgrade". The prices are also a little different. Is there a difference between the two? I couldn't find any except that the Legion Ultimate Support states ”Phone, Chat and Email" with "gaming experts” while the other one states "Phone support with dedicated Lenovo experts”

So apart from this and the difference in price, is there a difference in the type of warranty between the two?

Options

3749 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

631 Signins

26450 Page Views

• Views: 26450
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Lenovo Next Day On-site Support in Canada | Legion

2021-07-22, 16:03 PM

Hello @sachitgul,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Some regions in Canada are not supported by Onsite service. However this may be different for Premium care laptops.

Also I am pretty sure there is little to no difference between Legion ultimate support and Premium care.

Kindly reach out to service to ask if you region is supported by Onsite service: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

4 Posts

07-22-2021

Canada

2 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-07-22, 16:14 PM

Thank you for your reply!

I am currently outside of Canada and cannot travel back for atleast a month on account the travel restrictions.

I will not be able to call the number from outside of Canada and I need to buy the laptop asap (on account of the huge shipping times)

Therefore, can you please tell me if Premium On-site support is available in Vancouver, British Columbia because that's the city I'm based out of.  Also is the Legion warranty/premium warranty an international warranty? And if not is there a way to make it international after purchase? I cannot find the option during my purchase screen.

Thank you

Edit - For some reason, I cannot initiative a chat with the Lenovo support. The chat option is not working and the button is grayed out. I wanted to essentially ask them what I'm asking here. 

Options

3749 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

631 Signins

26450 Page Views

• Views: 26450
  • Message 4 of 6

2021-07-22, 22:16 PM

Hello @sachitgul,

Thanks for writing back.

I believe service bases it on postal codes.

Have you tried reaching out within the specified business hours?

You can use this link: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/contact

Also Premium/Legion ultimate is different from International warranty. Only a select few devices have support for IWS.

You can check here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/iwslookup

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

4 Posts

07-22-2021

Canada

2 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-07-22, 23:13 PM

Yes I have tried reaching out during business hours. For example now it is "business hours" and I cannot initiative the chat. The chat option just seems to be grayed out for me. 

Can you please help me out here? I'm getting information from another forum that the warranty support in Canada is false advertisement. And this specific post says that it's for Lenovo Legion Ultimate Support.

Again, my question is simple. Is next business day onsite service available in Canada? And is it specifically available in Vancouver, British Columbia? I don't want to pay for something and then just have to ship to the US just because there might not be service centres in Canada. 

Options

4 Posts

07-22-2021

Canada

2 Signins

35 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-07-29, 10:10 AM

Bump. Any updates guys? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)