Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teenaxta1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 576
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Wont replace my Y520 and it has a terrible Yellow screen

So my lenovo Legion Y520 with FHD and GTX 1050 had dead pixels. I sent it for repair. well, the issue was not fixed, i told them and i sent it again. now the issue was fixed but the panel was all yellow. I showed the guy over there and he said yes this is a problem and so he sent it again. then after over 2 weeks i got my laptop, the screen still showing yellow tint instead of white,  and the guy says lenovo will not replace your laptop because it is normal. I mean come on i am not using this laptop for the first time. I mean its easy to tell the difference between yellow and white. i have taken images of my laptop with various screens. even on really bad TN panels whites are much better than my y520. I have updated the drivers and even reset the pc. But what do i do now ? I am attaching pictures of my y520 with 3 laptops

1) Brand New lenovo y520 same screen same GPU different color. I took this picture in the showroom IMG_5545.jpg

2) Bravia Tv (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NukSNU2tdrA_WHT1eC2QT44RbswFIPBC)

3) Lenovo thinkpad E470 (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EL4OcU8ihyXyF2ooDGEEmkyOIZdjYoeK)

MY LAPTOP HAS BEEN IN REPAIR FOR OVER 1 MONTH and FOR OVER 3 TIMES. PLEASE HELP! 

AM_Y520
Broadband 3G
Views: 559
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Wont replace my Y520 and it has a terrible Yellow screen

sorry for this silly question, but we have to ask everything trying inspecting the problem ..
my silly question is, did you check if Night Light is turned on ? it's an option in windows 10 that makes the white very yellowish .. please check if it's the problem
teenaxta1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 531
Message 3 of 4

Yes i have checked it, Night Mode is turned off

Guru
Views: 511
Message 4 of 4

Obviously color is a figment of the mind. So your claim that it has a yellow tint to it is only an OPINION - how do you expect them to replace it for you?

Now, jokes aside, this forum can't really help you there. I'd try again with them, the same people aren't likely to process your request the second time and the decision may change.

Good luck.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors