cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gamer92
SCSI Port
Views: 449
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y-700-15ISK's GPU throttling at 67 degreees Celsius!PLEASE HELP ME!

Hi,

I tested my Lenovo Y-700-15ISK's GPU and I found that it's Nvidia GTX 960M,throttles at the temp of 67 degrees Celsius!

And after testing the GPU with Valley and MSI Kombustor I found out that the GPU throttles down at the temp of 67 degrees Celsius!

This GPU throttling is set in the BIOS from factory!

The second problem is that the GPU reaches that 67 degrees Celsius for a short period of time while gaming,1-2 minutes!

So the GPU throttles down,and that affects the gaming!

I have heard from many users of this laptop model that with removing of the dust filter located on the air intake,the CPU and GPU temps lower down a lot!

And it is logical that if that dust filter is removed,the GPU temps will lower down and won't reach 67 degrees Celsius,so the GPU would not throttle down,and the GPU would work excellent!

But from Lenovo say that with removing of that dust filter ,the warranty voids!!!

Is there a possibility the dust filter to be removed and the warranty to not void ? I f there is please tell me how do I tell the techs from the official Lenovo service to remove the filter but to not destroy my warranty?

So please help me to resolve this problem somehow  ,ONCE FOR ALL!

P.S I use a gaming cooling pad,but it doesn't help at all!!

Please help me!

Thanks in advance!

gamer92
SCSI Port
Views: 409
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y-700-15ISK's GPU throttling at 67 degreees Celsius!PLEASE HELP ME!

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Y-700-15ISK,with Nvidia Geforce 960M 4 GB GDDR5 GPU ,and after testing the GPU with Valley and MSI Kombustor I found out that the GPU throttles down at the temp of 67 degrees Celsius!

This GPU throttling is set in the BIOS from factory!

The second problem is that the GPU reaches that 67 degrees Celsius for a short period of time while gaming,1-2 minutes!

So the GPU throttles down,and that affects the gaming!

I have heard from many users of this laptop model that with removing of the dust filter located on the air intake,the CPU and GPU temps lower down a lot!

And it is logical that if that dust filter is removed,the GPU temps will lower down and won't reach 67 degrees Celsius,so the GPU would not throttle down,and the GPU would work excellent!

But from Lenovo say that with removing of that dust filter ,the warranty voids!!!

Is there a possibility the dust filter to be removed and the warranty to not void ? I f there is please tell me how do I tell the techs from the official Lenovo service to remove the filter but to not destroy my warranty?

So please help me to resolve this problem somehow  ,ONCE FOR ALL!

P.S I use a gaming cooling pad,but it doesn't help at all!!

Please help me!

Thanks in advance!

Mod's Comment: Merged this post with existing post on same issue.  Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information. Your duplicate(s) have been merged or removed. Thanks !

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors