Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluekeybord
Paper Tape
Views: 2,137
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Y520 keyboard and trackpad stopped working

hi, i litearlly just got this laptop about 10 or less hours ago, and tried to install some driver updates, restarted the computer, and now the only thing that works is a wireless mouse, ive looked online to see if anyone else had this problem, but they only had a few keys not working, mines the whole **bleep** keyboard and a bonus trackpad, any help is apprecited, cheers!

Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 2,096
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Y520 keyboard and trackpad stopped working

Hello,

A laptop that behaves like this will really worry us esp. if the money you invested is a gaming laptop.

It can be the windows update interfering, because usually when you buy a new laptop, windows update kicks in. Next time disable windows update service and set your wifi as metered connection.

I had issues with the search bar with my laptop at first before it got fixed in the next windows update. Why? Well I was installing driver updates, so it can really interfere.

For your keyboard and trackpad problem, now that's very weird.

Can you try to do system restore point your laptop before the time you updated your drivers? it may work.

If the system restore helps (hopefully.) Update your drivers and don't open and run any unnecessary apps in the background, just the driver updating only. Let's try to make the hard drive work only for updating the drivers. Don't forget to disable windows update service and set your network as metered connection.

After you updated everything, you can finally reenable windows update and remove the metered connection setting on your WiFi. Let the update run itself and don't let anything interefere it.

I hope it helps! A gaming laptop you invested shouldn't be wasted just because of update problems. Smiley Happy

bluekeybord
Paper Tape
Views: 2,097
Message 3 of 5

ok, so ive tried completley reinstalling windows, and it still doesnt work, seriously, someone, give me something

bluekeybord
Paper Tape
Views: 2,128
Message 4 of 5

found the problem, and the fix... apparently when i updated the drivers for the trackpad and keyboard, the drivers decided they werent gonna work at all, had to go into device manager, uninstall the keyboard, and the ELAN trackpad, then scan for changes, then restart... WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THIS BEFORE

Charles1231
802.11n
Views: 2,061
Message 5 of 5

Hahaha, good thing you were able to fix your own issue. It's good to know and solve things by your own, because there, you will learn a lot more. Smiley Wink

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors