Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreiacsinte19
Blue Screen Again
Views: 211
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Y530 15ICH won't turn on

Hi, my name is Andrei,

I have a Lenovo Y530 that I bought recently (6-7 months ago) from the US, I had some minor issues before, but I solved them. Yesterday, I was on looking on internet and had to go to the kitchen, it went in sleep mode after 20 minutes, so I tried to turn it on (it appeared some windows error on the screen and restarted), the lights (keyboard, power button and logo from the back) were working, the only rare thing I was noticing was that the Num lock button was blinking a few times then stopped, the screen won't turn on, I tried to enter on BIOS, unplug it, take out the battery, keep pressing the power button for 30 secs, check the RAM, the cables inside, the screen cable and port was ok, reset BIOS from the motherboard, the fans, hard drive and the SSD were fine, I tried the Windows button+Ctrl+Shift+B combination, inside was clean, no dust or corrosion over circuits, can anyone help me? 

I have to mention that I am a casual gamer and during gaming the temps were 37°C on Idle and 54°C while I was gaming for like 4h, so I don't think that the temps are too high.

Thanks!

Len0vation
SCSI Port
Views: 175
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Y530 15ICH won't turn on

Those are excellent temperatures, by the way.
sashko02
Punch Card
Views: 143
Message 3 of 4

If the screen is working and you are able to go to BIOS that means the problem is either with the operating system or the boot drive.

Did you try Windows Safe mode?

andreiacsinte19
Blue Screen Again
Views: 130
Message 4 of 4

I am not able to access the BIOS while the screen is not showing anything. The weird thing was that the screen was working when it was on sleep mode, the Windows error showed up on the screen, the laptop restarted, but after that the screen went permanently blank.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors