03-27-2019 04:18 PM
Ping spikes every ~30 secs very noticable when gaming. Confirmed/Visualized in the cmd using ping command.
- Sometimes restarting my computer fixes issue
- I have noticed this problem on different WiFi networks, not only on my home network
- Ping spikes come and go in sessions; I will have a period (few hours) of continuous spikes followed by periods of smooth connection
- There are no network issues or spikes when I use a wired ethernet connection
- My two other laptops have no ping spikes/WiFi issues on the same networks
Solutions I have already tried:
- Replacing my Realtek WiFi card with the Intel 9560 as others have had success with this
- Pausing OneDrive sync
Despite these fixes, problems persist. Any guidance?
03-29-2019 01:32 PM
Welcome to the Community Forums.
If you have the Realtek 8822BE WLAN card, then try to use this from Thinkpad E580 - version 2024.0.5.103 . Restart and try to ping continuously to observe the latency if still present.
If you have the same issue then change Bandwidth setting under Advanced driver properties from 80Mhz_40Mhz_20Mhz to 40Mhz_20Mhz.
Update us how it goes.