Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

11-22-2018

Czech Republic

2 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y530 keyboard problem W+SHIFT+Y not working

2018-11-22, 22:43 PM

I play fornite a lot and i found out that i have a strange problem with my laptot keyboard and im not the only one ( my friend has the same issue on his gaming laptop). Bassically when im holding W and SHIFT = i move forward, thats okay but when i want to build wall that is on Y i cant. Y as a button works normally but when i hold SHIFT and W i stops working even thought other keys buttons work, for example when i hold W and SHIFT and i press X it starts writing X instead of W, but thats not the case with Y. Dont know how to fix it, but its pretty important for me. When i plug in my normal keyboard it all works normally, so im not sure if its a problem with the keyboard or with the system but the notebook is brand new.

Options

792 Posts

07-25-2013

Australia

678 Signins

9430 Page Views

• Views: 9430
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y530 keyboard problem W+SHIFT+Y not working

2018-11-23, 3:12 AM
I do not know what the problem is, but woldn't it be easier just to re-bind the key in the game to a different key instead?
Also if you have a gaming mouse you could bind one of the special buttons to "y".
Those are of course workarounds. Is the problem apparent only in Fortnite? I'll try to replicate the problem on my device.
====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms