Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

28 Posts

10-04-2019

Poland

52 Signins

319 Page Views

• Views: 319
  • Message 101 of 258

Re: Lenovo Y540 Audio desync (Audio ahead of Video)

2019-11-09, 10:59 AM

I'm going to perform clean install today so I'll try your approach

Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Bosnia and Herzegovina

109 Signins

961 Page Views

• Views: 961
  • Message 102 of 258

2019-11-11, 7:01 AM

I still have desync!

I have performed clean Windows 10 install over the weekend. After that, Windows installed all the drivers. I didn't install anything from Lenovo and I tested streaming Videos. Edge was working without desync! I tested on long videos, on battery power and when plugged in. However, Chrome still had the desync issue! Just like before, desync started in about 5 minutes into the video.

After that I wanted to try to install Lenovo Vantage. It found some updates for the drivers (Gaming driver, VGA driver and LAN drivers). However, after installing Vantage and updates it found for drivers, Edge still played videos without desync and Chrome played videos with desync.

Last night I found some more time to test videos, but this time Edge too had desync, just like Chrome!!! I almost went crazy, because there's just no logic to all this. I tried to eliminate causes, one by one, tried every **bleep** thing I could find on the net, but no success.

I don't know what could happen between this time Edge was in sync and the time last night, when it wasn't anymore. The only thing I could think of is that GeForce Expirience maybe made a driver update, but I'm using Hybrid mode, so Intel VGA is active.

Lenovo, please do something!

Options

86 Posts

08-28-2019

Czech Republic

104 Signins

798 Page Views

• Views: 798
  • Message 103 of 258

2019-11-11, 13:02 PM
Sad you still have these problems, what I did was that I didn't connect to internet while setting it up after clean install and turned off windows automatic drivers, maybe you can try this. Or persuade them to return your money.
Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Bosnia and Herzegovina

109 Signins

961 Page Views

• Message 104 of 258

2019-11-11, 14:27 PM

Are using default balanced power plan, or did you edit minimal proccessor state higher than 5%? Are you using integrated or descrete graphics?

Options

86 Posts

08-28-2019

Czech Republic

104 Signins

798 Page Views

• Views: 798
  • Message 105 of 258

2019-11-11, 14:33 PM
Balanced power plan and combination of balanced and performance in Vantage, yes I changed it to 100% when plugged in. For games always discrete.
Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Bosnia and Herzegovina

109 Signins

961 Page Views

• Message 106 of 258

2019-11-11, 14:44 PM

That's the trick. I can too get no audio desync with minimum processor state at 100%, but that ain't right. You will have to put it to 100% on battery too, to get no desync, and that is even worse, battery life would be awful.

We shouldn't have to make our laptop to work with processor allways on 100%, that's too much thermal pressure, and it just isn't meant to work like that, so maybe you don't realize it, but you have the same problem like everybody else.

Options

40 Posts

09-24-2019

United States of America

70 Signins

621 Page Views

• Views: 621
  • Message 107 of 258

2019-11-11, 14:55 PM

Ok, lets try this. Because you perform a clean installation, let search on Google this app: Iobit Driver Booster.

If it doesnt work, lets try to perform again a clean installation, but be sure of deleting the partition when you install again win 10, that because we want a clean clean clean installation.

Here theres 2 option:

1.When you installing win 10, be sure your pc isnt connect to internet, and you wont connect it until you have install every single driver that lenovos page show for your specific driver. Maybe the order is importan so you will install the lenovos power managment as a last step.

2.If your laptop already come with a second harddrive, it is possible that in that hardrive you will find a folder named DRIVERS, if thats your case, try to install those drivers, but be sure to no conecct to internet until installation finished

Then, when you already do this, you will connect to internet and update win 10, but, be sure you have this feature enable. Advanced option ---> Receive updates for other microsoft products.  Also you must install the windows store apps, when Lenovos Vantage will receive the latest updates.

Hope this help you.

I need again to tell you that my problem was solved with a single driver, the power managment who i installed when all the important drivers were installed

Options

10 Posts

11-11-2019

Belgium

17 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 108 of 258

2019-11-11, 18:54 PM

after months of waiting this still hasn't been fixed? do i really need to return this laptop? i've tried every solution on this thread but nothing seems to work...

Options

51 Posts

09-05-2019

Belgium

108 Signins

561 Page Views

• Views: 561
  • Message 109 of 258

2019-11-11, 20:32 PM

Hey guys, managed to resolve this problem by replacing the original SSD.

Bit of backstory: Windows started crashes/freezing at random times. I noticed that this would sometimes happen after a 100% spike on the SSD, and the BSOD error codes seemed to support the theory that the SSD was broken.

I ordered a replacement SSD, reinstalled Windows and after a week no desync/crackling has occured on my laptop which before the new SSD did.

To anyone who has an SSD from the company SKHynix, I would recommend testing a replacement NVME SSD or installing Windows on a partition of the 1TB HDD to test if the desync/crackling still occurs.

Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Bosnia and Herzegovina

109 Signins

961 Page Views

• Message 110 of 258

2019-11-12, 8:56 AM

Yesterday after work I decided to try again to figure out how to fix audio desync. And I did it! I managed to solve desync, on battery and plugged in, but only on Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome still has desync.

Jonathan1539 and some other users have repeated in a couple of posts that they have this issue sorted out and that it's a matter of wrongly installed drivers. Jonathan1539 made a suggestioin that I should do clean Windows install, but without internet connection, so Windows couldn't install drivers on it's own, before I manually install drivers from Lenovo support page of my laptop model. So, this is how I solved this.

I have already clean installed Windows a couple of days before, with internet connection, so Windows installed drivers on it's own first, and than I installed Lenovo Vantage and Vantage too found some driver updates and installed them. Nvidia GeForce Expirience installed newest NVidia drivers for GTX card. I tested all kinds of scenarios, with battery, plugged in, with Edge and Chrome, but desync was there and was driving me nuts, like I stated in previous posts.

Thinking about Jonathan1539 suggestion, I decided to manually download all drivers from Lenovo support page for my laptop and try to install them. I knew that all drivers where already installed, because everything was OK in Device Manager, and Lenovo Vantage didn't find any updates. However, I decided to install all Lenovo drivers manually again. So I downloaded every Lenovo driver and run them, so that there was a folder in C:\DRIVERS\ for every driver. 

After that, I opened Device Manager and explored System Devices section. I then updated drivers for Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager and 5 or 6 (can't exactly remember how many) Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Participants. I made right click, selected "Update driver" -> "Browse my computer for driver software" -> "Let me pick from a list..." and then selected the correct driver, with version that is the same as the installed driver from Lenovo support site. I have done the same for Intel Managment Engine Interface, Intel serial IO devices, and Lenovo ACPI Virtual Power Controller. During these installations you maybe required to restart your laptop.

Afer this, I uninstalled Intel VGA driver, and run setup for Intel VGA driver from a folder in C:\DRIVERS\. I then uninstalled all NVidia drivers and software, and installed NVidia drivers from Lenovo support site for my laptop model.

In the end I installed Chipset driver that I downloaded from Lenovo support site for my laptop.

In my case, Windows 10 installed drivers with newer versions (and some, like Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework with slightly diferent name), so with this process I corrected this so that drivers from Lenovo site for specificly my laptop model where installed. I know that some version of those drivers are older than the ones Windows installs during installation, but it just works this way.

After all this, i tested YouTube playback with a long Joe Rogan video. I selected Balanced profiles in Lenovo Vantage and in Windows, and I turned on Hybrid mode. On Edge browser, there was absolutly no desync anymore, on battery and when plugged in!!!! However, there was still desync on Chrome browser, with hardware acceleration on and off. However, at least we can watch streaming video on Edge! 

It was late last night, so I didn't manage to test any further with Hybrid mode off and some other settings, but I will try that today. I suspect it is a problem with NVidia drivers, because I had no desync in Edge browser after clean Windows install a couple of days before, but then suddenly after a few hours, I had it again. I suspect that NVidia GeForce Expirience updated NVidia drivers, and that made desync to come back. It could too be a problem with Lenovo Energy Managment driver, or infact, with any other too.

It would be great if we could find out how to eliminate desync from Chrome, but Edge is not bad at all, so maybe I can get used to use it.

Please, somebody can try this process and report back results. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)