Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

86 Posts

08-28-2019

Czech Republic

104 Signins

798 Page Views

• Views: 798
  • Message 211 of 258

Re: Lenovo Y540 Audio desync (Audio ahead of Video)

2019-11-19, 23:48 PM

@Phobius

I wanted to see If it would work if my issues with crackling sound actually returned, so I replicated what you did but when looking for that folder "(c:\Drivers\Intel IRST Driver\" is just not there, which quite makes sense as there is only Standard NVM controller among my drivers. Could you, please, just check out if it's ok if some of drivers from your report are missing on my system? 

Those are missing ones:

@oem32.inf,%UcmCxUcsiNvppc.DeviceDesc%;NVIDIA USB Type-C Port Policy Controller

@oem32.inf,%UcmCxUcsiNvppc.DeviceDesc%;NVIDIA USB Type-C Port Policy Controller

Bluetooth HID Device

Generic Volume Shadow copy (is there 9 times)

Intel(R) Graphics Command Center

Microsoft Trusted Audio Drivers

Most importantly in this case: 

"Intel(R) Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller"

Standard NVM Express Controller - I have this one listed driver report instead.

I have no problems whatsoever now but I just wanted to know it it's ok that some of the drivers are missing. It's clean installed windows with windows disabled to automatically update d and possibly rewrite Lenovo drivers.

Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Bosnia and Herzegovina

109 Signins

961 Page Views

• Views: 961
  • Message 212 of 258

2019-11-20, 6:50 AM

You have to download and install Intel Rapid Storage driver from Lenovo support page for your laptop model, and them you will have that "c:\Drivers\Intel IRST Driver\" folder. However, in Device Manager, you will still have "Standard NVM Express Controller" and you will have to manualy do update process for that driver, as explained in my original post with the solution, to get "Intel(R) Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller". Basicly, when installing Intel rapid storage driver from Lenovo support site or Lenovo Vantage, this Intel Chipset Sata/PCIe RST Premium Controller should be installed in Device manager, but for wathever reason it isn't, and that's why we had desync and other problems all this time.

Regarding other drivers you listed, I have the latest Nvidia and Intel VGA drivers (with new Intel Graphic Command Center) and maybe that's why I have those related drivers in the list. I have latest Realtek audio drivers too.

Bluetooth HID device is my bluetooth mouse.

Just to repeat it again, the problem all this time was with the driver that managed NVMe drive in our system. This driver caused serious latency issues that led to audio crackling, popping and desync. That's why some people who installed system on HDD didn't have those problems anymore. 

Options

3 Posts

11-21-2019

India

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 213 of 258

2019-11-21, 6:00 AM

I installed what you just said in your answer but when i have to choose first file from source, i cant expand source file. what should i do?
Can you explain specifically for non computer guy like me to know exact procedure. Please help me. This Desync thing driving me crazy.

Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Bosnia and Herzegovina

109 Signins

961 Page Views

• Message 214 of 258

2019-11-21, 6:26 AM

1. Go to Lenovo support page for your laptop model and download Intel Rapid Storage Tehnology (IRST) Driver and install it.

2. Open Device Manager, expand Storage controllers, right click on "Standard NVM express controller" and then select "Update driver".

3. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer", and then "Have Disk..." and "Browse".

4. In opened Locate File windows navigate to "c:\Drivers\Intel IRST Driver\Source\" (this folder will be created if you have installed IRST driver from the first step), and select the first file that will be shown in that folder.

5. There will now be "Intel Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller" shown in Model list and you can select it and install it. Just confirm that you want to install it if there is a message about compatibility or something similiar.

6. If you managed to install this new driver (there should be "Intel Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller" insted of "Standard NVM express controller" in the Device manager under Storage controllers), just restart your laptop and it should be all fine now, without desync, latency or popping/crackling.

Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Bosnia and Herzegovina

109 Signins

961 Page Views

• Message 215 of 258

2019-11-21, 6:29 AM

1. Go to Lenovo support page for your laptop model and download Intel Rapid Storage Tehnology (IRST) Driver and install it.

2. Open Device Manager, expand Storage controllers, right click on "Standard NVM express controller" and then select "Update driver".

3. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer", and then "Have Disk..." and "Browse".

4. In opened Locate File windows navigate to "c:\Drivers\Intel IRST Driver\Source\" (this folder will be created if you have installed IRST driver from the first step), and select the first file that will be shown in that folder.

5. There will now be "Intel Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller" shown in Model list and you can select it and install it. Just confirm that you want to install it if there is a message about compatibility or something similiar.

6. If you managed to install this new driver (there should be "Intel Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller" insted of "Standard NVM express controller" in the Device manager under Storage controllers), just restart your laptop and it should be all fine now, without desync, latency or popping/crackling.

Options

3 Posts

11-21-2019

India

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 216 of 258

2019-11-21, 9:14 AM

It worked man thanks! But after that when i tried to play game it is little laggy, is it because of this thing!?

Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Bosnia and Herzegovina

109 Signins

961 Page Views

• Message 217 of 258

2019-11-21, 9:17 AM

It isn't. I tested my laptop with this new storage driver and it's working normaly in games and other tasks. 

Options

3 Posts

11-21-2019

India

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 218 of 258

2019-11-21, 9:22 AM
Okay! Thank You!
Options

86 Posts

08-28-2019

Czech Republic

104 Signins

798 Page Views

• Views: 798
  • Message 219 of 258

2019-11-21, 9:38 AM

@Phobius

I did it, with exception that I installed newest version of that driver (found with intel driver assistant) and I have Intel(R) Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller in device manager now but crackling sound is way more often, strangely, I will have to look into it yet.

As for VGA driver I have installed newest one Vantage gave me but when I want to install latest, it says I need to download it from Lenovo, but that one is not most actual.

Options

40 Posts

09-24-2019

United States of America

70 Signins

621 Page Views

• Views: 621
  • Message 220 of 258

2019-11-21, 14:46 PM
I am happy that you found a solution. That is the result of patience. If your attitude had been different like that of other people ... you would never have found the solution.

Your solution made me think about how strange and unpredictable Windows 10 is, as I mentioned, I got the same result on a first occasion by installing the power management drivers, and on a second by installing everything calmly.

Perhaps the problem has different solutions for the variety of hardware, and thats why some fix the problem with Slew Rate 8, Buying a Samsung disk, Performing a clean windows installation, etc...

For example, in case of the people who have a M2 SSD samsung, we need to remember that the manufacteres put a driver into the HD and some of them are more trustworthy than other, i mean, samsung is better brand thatn hynix.

The important thing is that it is not a hardware problem and our motherboard is not damaged.

Now is the time to enjoy a good pc.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms