Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

10-31-2019

Austria

37 Signins

217 Page Views

• Views: 217
  • Message 81 of 258

Re: Lenovo Y540 Audio desync (Audio ahead of Video)

2019-10-31, 9:47 AM

Nice,

This does NOT work at all!

please just post stuff that worked for you...

Same  with the new realtek driver.

Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Bosnia and Herzegovina

109 Signins

961 Page Views

• Views: 961
  • Message 82 of 258

2019-10-31, 19:10 PM

From the screenshots I can see that you aren't using WiFi? Are you connected through cable? Is the WiFi adapter enabled? 

Options

40 Posts

09-24-2019

United States of America

70 Signins

621 Page Views

• Views: 621
  • Message 83 of 258

2019-10-31, 19:14 PM
I not using wifi because i prefer ethernet because my laptop is my desktop pc, but both work perfectly.

Theres a solution where they disable realtek ethernet driver from device manager menu, but it disable the ethernet cable option
Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Bosnia and Herzegovina

109 Signins

961 Page Views

• Message 84 of 258

2019-10-31, 21:27 PM

I have tried your suggestions, installed drivers again, but it didn't help. I still get audio delay, with or without Hybrid mode, plugged in or battery. I'm giving up. I don't know what to try anymore. I think this can only be solved with BIOS update.

Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Bosnia and Herzegovina

109 Signins

961 Page Views

• Message 85 of 258

2019-11-05, 6:52 AM

Is there anybody here who managed to solve this audio desync issue? This is really driving me nuts. I have tried everything I could think of:

- tried fresh install only with drivers from Lenovo Vantage/Lenovo support web site for my laptop;

- updated to newest BIOS;

- checked audio drivers (tried different version of Realtek drivers, even the latest, tried Microsoft drivers);

- checked NVidia drivers (installed the latest through GeForce Expirience);

- checked Intel drivers (installed latest through Intel Driver & Support assistant - updated WiFi and bluetooth drivers, even manually installed new UHD630 VGA drivers for integrated VGA);

- tried using laptop with hybrid mode on and off;

- tried using laptop on battery and pluged in;

- tried with and without battery conservation mode;

- tried different power profiles in Lenovo Vantage and Windows power options;

- tried disabling Ethernet adapter in device manager and used WiFi to test;

- tried disabling WiFi adapter in device manager and used Ethernet to test;

- tried disabling High precision event timer in device manager;

- tried uninstalling Dolby app and Lenovo Vantage app;

- tried different audio options (disabling exclusive mode, disabling audio enhanchements, tried different audio formats);

- edited registry to set audio device to MSI mode;

- edited registry to change audio device power settings (chanched 03 00 00 00 to ff ff ff 00 - this removes lag for starting system sounds
   and audio in general, but desync still happens);

- tried with clean boot, and diagnostic boot from System Configuration app (limiting startup services and processes to eliminate culprit,
   but desync still happens);

- tried disabling fast startup;

- tried different browsers;

- tried changing transmit power in properties of WiFi card in device manager;

- tried undervolting to -0,130 V with Intel XTU;

- tried fast 8 and fast 16 Slow Slew Rate for IA Domain settings in BIOS.

After all those tries, I still have this annoying audio desync when watching streamed video (haven't tried with offline video). I also have audio popping and crackling in the speakers.

Through all those tries I used LatencyMon and DPC Latency checker to test latency of my system. I monitored constant latency problems. LatencyMon sometimes doesn't report problems for a minute, but then it does. It's more often that it reports latency problems in first 10 seconds of monitoring. DPC Latency checker reports red peaks for about every second or two (often there are constant red peaks). I presume those latency issues are connected with audio desync or maybe crackling and popping, or it's all connected with same culprit.

I really don't know what to try next. I contacted local support here in Bosnia, and they said that all I can do is leave the laptop in service, but I'm confident they would just reinstall Windows or something, because this is obviously a software problem (BIOS probably).

Can someone from Lenovo please respond to this post and this issue in general? Is there anybody with this laptop who doesn't expirience this desync issue?

Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Bosnia and Herzegovina

109 Signins

961 Page Views

• Message 86 of 258

2019-11-05, 6:58 AM

Is there anybody here who managed to solve this audio desync issue? This is really driving me nuts. I have tried everything I could think of:

- tried fresh install only with drivers from Lenovo Vantage/Lenovo support web site for my laptop;

- checked audio drivers (tried different version of Realtek drivers, even the latest, tried Microsoft drivers);

- checked Intel drivers (installed latest through Intel Driver & Support assistant - updated WiFi and bluetooth drivers, even manually installed new UHD630 VGA drivers for integrated VGA);

- tried different audio options (disabling exclusive mode, disabling audio enhanchements, tried different audio formats);

- edited registry to change audio device power settings (chanched 03 00 00 00 to ff ff ff 00 - this removes lag for starting system sounds

- tried with clean boot, and diagnostic boot from System Configuration app (limiting startup services and processes to eliminate culprit,

After all those tries, I still have this annoying audio desync when watching streamed video (haven't tried with offline video). I also have audio popping and crackling in the speakers.

Through all those tries I used LatencyMon and DPC Latency checker to test latency of my system. I monitored constant latency problems. LatencyMon sometimes doesn't report problems for a minute, but then it does. It's more often that it reports latency problems in first 10 seconds of monitoring. DPC Latency checker reports red peaks for about every second or two (often there are constant red peaks). I presume those latency issues are connected with audio desync or maybe crackling and popping, or it's all connected with same culprit.

I really don't know what to try next. I contacted local support here in Bosnia, and they said that all I can do is leave the laptop in service, but I'm confident they would just reinstall Windows or something, because this is obviously a software problem (BIOS probably).

Can someone from Lenovo please respond to this post and this issue in general? Is there anybody with this laptop who doesn't expirience this desync issue?

Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Bosnia and Herzegovina

109 Signins

961 Page Views

• Message 87 of 258

2019-11-05, 7:09 AM

Can someone from Lenovo please respond to this post and this issue in general? Is there anybody with this laptop who doesn't expirience this desync issue?

Options

47 Posts

10-10-2019

Bosnia and Herzegovina

109 Signins

961 Page Views

• Message 88 of 258

2019-11-05, 7:15 AM

Is there anybody with this laptop who doesn't expirience this desync issue?

Options

5 Posts

10-06-2019

Poland

11 Signins

68 Page Views

• Views: 68
  • Message 89 of 258

2019-11-05, 9:36 AM

At first I had the same problems, but now it has been working perfectly for several weeks. But I'm not sure why.
- I changed the BIOS settings many times
- I have installed DELL drivers for audio, and also MS driver
- I used AudioDevice_sky
-changed registry settings (described in threads on this topic)
- I set the high performance profile

I have a model 81SX008QPB with additional RAM and a second SSD.
BIOS: BHCN32WW
Ratlek driver: 6.0.8710.1 from 22/05/2019
Disable NVIDIA High Definition Audio and NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

EDIT: I changed the graphics to switchable and installed drivers (Intel Driver and Support Assistant). Then I returned to the mode with the Nvidia card.

Options

86 Posts

08-28-2019

Czech Republic

104 Signins

798 Page Views

• Views: 798
  • Message 90 of 258

2019-11-06, 0:04 AM
Given how many people here with Y510,520,530 waiting for years to get their issues adressed I doubt it, or at least we will wait for long time. However we can hope for miracle fix found by us, users. That's how most issues are solved anyway.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)