cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcupial
Fanfold Paper
Views: 431
Message 21 of 40

Re: Lenovo Y540 Audio desync (Audio ahead of Video)

I've sent the device to Lenovo Support with desync issues. They have taken my SSD and put their own (With windows included) and they said there's no desync anymore and its matter of wrongly drivers installation.
BlueProducer
Punch Card
Views: 421
Message 22 of 40

But I use the ssd they ship with and installed drivers from them directly... Also completely formating the ssd and reinstalling everything didn't fix it... So how could it be a driver issue if they replaced hardware?

gcupial
Fanfold Paper
Views: 418
Message 23 of 40

I know that and I'm escalating it via Lenovo support. They didnt even inform me what system they have installed on their SSD. It could be Linux, i dont know...

LukasPel
What's DOS?
Views: 360
Message 24 of 40

I have the same issue, and tried many different things. My solution - turning of integrated gpu, and using dedicated gpu to watch all videos, including youtube, VLC, MP classic and so on. Today I tested uncheking "Audio enchantments", so for last 10 min of video playback on the intel UHD 630 didnt had any desync on audio, so far so good. I'll keep it updated.

dobaczenko
Paper Tape
Views: 228
Message 25 of 40

Could you tell more? How set this?

justFine
Fanfold Paper
Views: 215
Message 26 of 40

@LukasPel wrote:

I have the same issue, and tried many different things. My solution - turning of integrated gpu, and using dedicated gpu to watch all videos, including youtube, VLC, MP classic and so on. Today I tested uncheking "Audio enchantments", so for last 10 min of video playback on the intel UHD 630 didnt had any desync on audio, so far so good. I'll keep it updated.

Same issue here. I've also tried many different solutions but so far without any results... DPC Latency is high and Audio Cracling/Desync is still present.

Turning ON Nvidia Optimus and INTEL UHD630 isnt really a fix for me because of 10-20% performance downgrade.

If you really want to try - Turn ON Hybird mode in LENOVO VANTAGE software or change it in BIOS settings ( I cant remember correct name for this, but there should be something like "discrete graphics" which means that you use only NVIDIA card ).

Also please try: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Legion-Y530-sound-issues-fix/td-p/4377733

Im testing this solution right now and it is promising.

dobaczenko
Paper Tape
Views: 152
Message 27 of 40

It works. In my case, problems solved by creating a "high performance" power profile, and graphics in discreet mode (NVIDIA only). But before I tried all the ideas in this forum, including editing the registry and use AudioDevice_sky, so I cant be sure, this is final solutions. Now I'm afraid to change something. I have the latest Windows bild, the latest BIOS version and all current drivers.
Phobius
Fanfold Paper
Views: 143
Message 28 of 40

I have this issue too. I bought Legion Y540 last weekend and last night I noticed this issue while watching YouTube. It's happening when using Hybrid mode with integrated graphic card. It's really silly. I tried every solution I could find on the internet (editing Realtek HD audio registry power settings, disabling exclusive mode, disabling audio enchancements), but the problem persists. All my drivers and Windows are updated to the latest versions.

It's incredible that Lenovo isn't doing anything about this! We need a solution ASAP!!!

Highlighted
Koif
Fanfold Paper
Views: 132
Message 29 of 40

You should send the Laptop back as soon as possible.

I have this issue too. Tried EVERYTHING mentioned in all threads I found, sometimes the problem seems to be solved but after some restarts the problem is back again. Reinstalled Windows for about 5 times now.

Since last saturday I'm trying to send it back to Lenovo to get my refund because they sold me the laptop which isn't working as described. No answer from them til today.

It seems that they delay in answering because of the ending return-on time.

Phobius
Fanfold Paper
Views: 113
Message 30 of 40

Whell, I don't think this is a hardware issue. It's definitly a software issue, probably with Realtek drivers. Too many people have this exact problem, so I think that's clear. There are slim chances that so many people have a hardware issue. Lenovo should acknowledge this issue and put out software updates.

A little bit of offtopic: I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina and we can't just return the goods we bought if we don't like them or find a problem. If I would like to complain about this laptop to my seller, they would just take it to their service and I would be without it for about 45 days, and in the end they wouldn't be able to fix it and then I would get my laptop back, with the same issues, but it would be reassambled. I should add that Y540 with i5 9300h, GTX 1650 and 256 SSD in Bosnia and Herzegovina costs 1.140,00 $ (the cheapest price I could find here), and my income as electrical engeneer is arround 700 $ pro month and you basicly can't return the laptop if you find a serius issue like this one with audio delay. This is some crazy situation in my country, and you can understand why I'm so angry about this audio delay, which shouldn't happen on a laptop that's this expensive.

Lenovo, please at least acknowledge this issue so your customers can wait for a software fix (driver or BIOS update).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors