Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Phobius
Punch Card
Views: 4,056
Message 181 of 218

Re: Lenovo Y540 Audio desync (Audio ahead of Video)

Guys, I think I found the solution to desync, audio cracking, popping and latency issues!!!!!!!

This evening I started to notice desync in Edge too. It was really going on to my nerves, so I have decided to try some more driver updates. I updated diferent drivers manualy in Device Manager (right click and then "Update driver"). However, that didn't solve the issue.

Then, I opened the "Storage controllers" section in Device Manager and there where two devices: "Standard NVM express controller" and "Microsoft storage spaces controller". I then right clicked on "Standard NVM express controller" and then "Update driver" , "Browse my computer for driver software" and "Let mi pick from list...". I then browsed into folder of the Intel IRST driver (c:\Drivers\Intel IRST Driver\Source\), and selected the first file. That was the Intel IRST driver downloaded from Lenovo support page for our laptop. After selecting that file there was "Intel Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller" to select and install instead of "Standard NVM express controller". There will be message that it might not be compatible or something similiar, but just go with it. I then restarted laptop, and everything was working! No latency in LatencyMon, no delay in Chrome or Edge, even Latency Checker shows no more red bars!

I tested it only for 30 minutes, but I'm sure it solved all the issues. Maybe some other driver updates did the trick, but I think the one explained above did the trick. Just in case, I'm gonna post all my drivers in HTML again. Also, fast startup is off, but I don't think that matters too.

Please try and report back!

Link to HTML file with all my drivers: https://www120.zippyshare.com/v/drit3Ovr/file.html

mcmadness
Paper Tape
Views: 4,007
Message 182 of 218

IT WORKED?? 

still testing the above solution but so far 10 minutes without desync when i normally notice it at 5... i really think you cracked the code my dude thank you so f*n much!

Edit: Just watched a full episode of bbt on netflix without desync, tears of joy leave my body while i sit on my knees praying for the gods, this day will go down in history!

mecnako
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,992
Message 183 of 218

i can't see any file here
''I then browsed into folder of the Intel IRST driver (c:\Drivers\Intel IRST Driver\Source\), and selected the first file.''
mecnako
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,987
Message 184 of 218

i think i found where u talk about but are there right and right file ?

mcmadness
Paper Tape
Views: 3,979
Message 185 of 218

yea thats it , just take the first one
mecnako
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,975
Message 186 of 218

thank you i did it and i am testing now

Edit: after 18 minutes desync has gone! And i think crackling gone too.

Phobius you are the man!

Nexon
Punch Card
Views: 3,966
Message 187 of 218

1 minute of silence for those who bought new SSD to solve this problem Smiley Very Happy

Im happy for you Phobius and all the guys here that you found a solution, I told you a month ago that it will be users to find a solution, that Lenovo won't move a finger and I was right.

Im curious if anyone with crackling sound issue can confirm it works for them too?

Phobius
Punch Card
Views: 3,950
Message 188 of 218

I tested further on battery too, and there was no desync on Chrome and there was no popping and crackling too.

I'm just glad we can finally enjoy our laptops. Guys, I'm going to copy and paste my post with solution on other similiar topics in the morning, so that everybody can solve this issue.

Lets not forget that Lenovo didn't provide help to anyone with this issue for so long, despite of so many posts. I definitely won't.

This is a good feeling. Thanks to everybody who participated in this topic!

Vezovi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,925
Message 189 of 218

Tested on my Legion y530, coz been having same latency issues as you, but sadly latencymon still shows red bars on ACPI.sys :/

justFine
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,663
Message 190 of 218

I can confirm - It fixed problem on battery and balanced settings. Great!

The best way to test issue is fixed is to run youtube or other video and check crackling and desync visually. LatencyMon can show spikes from time to time that doesnt affect video.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors