Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BlueProducer
Punch Card
Views: 357
Message 121 of 160

Re: Lenovo Y540 crackling sound

Ughh... I feel like it worked and everything was good but after some time playing audio pops came back and from there its only worse :/ 

I have no idea how to fix this dpc latency Smiley Sad

Also someone said it might be windows's fault so give insider updates a try but everytime I try to update my pc just restarts... Very weird I am starting to think that windows is messing up

Knocker
Token Ring
Views: 324
Message 122 of 160

Tried the IPv6 fix, the desync still occurs.
dylancl
Punch Card
Views: 292
Message 123 of 160

Yeah, the issue is super strange. Up until a couple hours ago today, I had no crackles anymore, but after restarting they're back... Nothing seems to actually permanently fix the problem.

BlueProducer
Punch Card
Views: 266
Message 124 of 160

Yeah I am starting to wounder if there is something with my windows install... 

Has anyone tried the latest insider update? ( I think I read somewhere that it fixes dpc latency, so that might work?)

dylancl
Punch Card
Views: 257
Message 125 of 160

Wow, now that you say that, I did just find this: https://mspoweruser.com/microsofts-latest-cumulative-update-kb4505903-quietly-fixed-the-dpc-latency-...

Downloading that update right now...

EDIT: spoke too soon, the update is a month old now, and I assume it has already been installed since I'm on 18362.356.

dissapointed111
Paper Tape
Views: 247
Message 126 of 160

Hopefully I am not speaking too soon, but I believe the crackling/popping issue has been fixed for me. I previously posted saying that a Lenovo technician came to my house and replaced the entire motherboard, which did not fix the issue. Well, I contactd Lenovo to say that the problem still occurs, so they sent the technician to replace the motherboard AGAIN, and also replace the speakers.

I'm not sure if I got 2 bad motherboards in a row and the third one was finally good, or if replacing the speakers somehow helped (the problem also occured using the 3.5 mm jack). But i've used the laptop for over an hour and haven't noticed any more crackling. I think it is fair to say that it is a hardware problem, since everyone has the same drivers but only some people have the crackling issue. I would encourage people to contact Lenovo to have their hardware repaired/replaced.

dylancl
Punch Card
Views: 243
Message 127 of 160

If the problem is hardware related, why does the crackling/desync dissapear in Linux?
BlueProducer
Punch Card
Views: 212
Message 128 of 160

Yeah, that is a good question... Also the poping does disappear sometimes and it appears after playing sounds for some time. I was reading around in reddit and apperantly this is not juat a Y540 issue, other brands and users experience dpc latency. People seem to suggest that the 1903 update is causing them and that wiping the system drive and starting fresh with 1809 and disabling updates should fix it... I guees I am just gon a backup my OS drive since its just the os and no orher info and give it a try... Also as I said above, if any one could try the latest insider updste ( the one you get when you choose fast)  that might also work.

dylancl
Punch Card
Views: 146
Message 129 of 160

I'll try the insider build, however, I don't think it's caused by the 1903 update since I also had it on 1809.
pnam2311
Paper Tape
Views: 113
Message 130 of 160

I have the same problem. 
Got my laptop replaced yesterday but the problem is still there. It happens when i listen to music or other stuffs while plugged in, but when i start playing games (League of Legends) the problem is gone. Alt Tab then it appears again.

Really weird.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors