Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haikalch
Paper Tape
Views: 1,520
Message 181 of 245

Re: Lenovo Y540 crackling sound

I tried this method and the crackling sound kinda disappeared. I started by creating a custom power plan under High performance and I raised the minimum processor power state when plugged in to 100%. Then I uninstalled the realtek drivers from my laptop and installed the drivers of my old laptop and that worked great for me even after restarting the pc. The driver is from the official Dell website so you don't have to worry about viruses https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=99ddd

Highlighted
maltasoron
Punch Card
Views: 1,501
Message 182 of 245

Hello hello.

This topic starter is happy. My laptop has been fixed. The audio issues have been resolved!

A mechanic replaced the motherboard and speakers yesterday, and since then I've had zero audio issues.

So in my case I conclude that it was a hardware problem, not a software problem.

Good luck to everybody here with the same issue.

andkli
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,296
Message 183 of 245

Has a new revision of the motherboard been released? Several participants in the thread have previously had their motherboards or the entire computer replaced without solving the problem. I sent my Y540 back but I liked it well apart from the problem. Would gladly order it again if I was 100% sure that the problem was solved. Can you check what revision you have on the motherboard?

kr0m3r
What's DOS?
Views: 1,200
Message 184 of 245

I noticed that while playing very demanding games like far cry 5 crackling sound stops appearing. This is also the case when the game is turned on in the background, e.g. while listening to music on spotify, this problem does not occur, but when i turn off the game the problem returns.

Sorry for the language, I use google translate

Nexon
Punch Card
Views: 1,160
Message 185 of 245

Problem appears again after some time. Lenovo just does not care as they they does not care about worsening temps with BIOS updates.

isorockstar
Paper Tape
Views: 922
Message 186 of 245

So all I can do is get a motherboard replacement? I bought this laptop like 20 days ago, since I need it for school. But I been using my normal PC so I was not really aware of the problem, not until I started using it now. The crackling occurs on all sorts of activitys using sounds. 

How can I get my motherboard replaced? Do I need to pay something? Who do I need to message.

Its so sad, especially for a student blowing like 1.5k on a Laptop and it can't handle any sound. 

Nexon
Punch Card
Views: 918
Message 187 of 245

Look for "changing transmit power" in this thread and put it to 4. If the problem persists, clean install Windows 10, that's what solved it for me.

isorockstar
Paper Tape
Views: 905
Message 188 of 245

Well I actually have the WiFi adapter disabled, since I read in another forum that this might help (But I also did the change of changing the transmit power from 5 to 4). Well and today I needed to set my system back too, cause I was having issues with my touchpad not working. Is a complete system reset considered a "clean install" of windows 10? Because if not I have to reinstall everything once again...

dylancl
Punch Card
Views: 835
Message 189 of 245

Instead of using the reset option within Windows, just use the Windows 10 creation tool to download and install a truly clean install of Windows. This way, all drivers & registry settings are supplied by Windows and not modified by Lenovo. This way you can test if it makes a difference for you (chances are it won't, considering what other people who have tried this have said in the past).

If you have some spare time, you should also consider multibooting a Linux distro (or perhaps Live boot from USB) and check if you have audio issues there - if not, you can be fairly sure it's not a hardware issue but a software issue instead.

isorockstar
Paper Tape
Views: 663
Message 190 of 245

Well I am actually not wanting to install windows 10 new again, since i just recently needed to do a reset. I have to research that Linux thing. I am just very pissed that I buy a pretty good laptop and the sound is just not working correctly. And at this point I dont even know what to do, since I need it for school. 

If it would be a hardware problem which parts would needed to be switched? Motherboard? Speakers? 

It is very depressing that there is no fix at all.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors