Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forevertheuni
Fanfold Paper
Views: 938
Message 41 of 258

Re: Lenovo Y540 crackling sound

If it is hardware it will replicate in another OS (use a ubuntu linux usb stick to test a youtube video).

It it is drivers it will not replicate in another OS.

It is a 10minute task to see what it is.

TripleT1
Paper Tape
Views: 923
Message 42 of 258

I ended up returning my replacement Y540 and decided to go with a MacBook Pro. Figured I wouldn’t need a gaming laptop if I’m using it for my music production. 

Lenovo customer support has no issues with the return and my credit came back within 3-4 business days after they got the machine back. 

Hope everyone in the forum finds a solution to this issue. No one wants to pay $1200+ for a device with such a glaring issue. 

Good luck to you guys

zyzzyva
Punch Card
Views: 895
Message 43 of 258

For music prodiction I think Ableton with ASIO4ALL driver and switch format to 192khz 24 bit (in contrast to the lower end on normal windows setting) subdues the problem, though I wouldn't risk my work on Lenovo, If I go pro I'd buy Surface instead.

TripleT1
Paper Tape
Views: 885
Message 44 of 258

I dot use Ableton so I never got to try that out but I used FL Studio with the ASIO drivers and I was still getting the issue.

Didn’t matter what audio output device I was using I was still getting clipping issues 

tthinktwicee
Paper Tape
Views: 854
Message 45 of 258

i have a similar problem here..  i got my y540 last week and there's always a crackling sound on the left ear when i plug my headphones in. i tried reinstalling and updating drivers, using the windows default driver and resetting windows.. nothing worked. i called technical support and they concluded that its a hardware problem and told me to call post sales for a replacement. 

hopefully the replacement doesn't have this issue, bought the laptop for my first year in architecture and this whole replacement process is probably gonna make me go to school without a laptop for one or two weeks... 

Chijmer
Paper Tape
Views: 809
Message 46 of 258

Hi all,

I posted on this thread in early Jun, and after all multiple rounds of crap with service support, they finally delivered a replacement laptop today. And guess what, the problem still exists!!!!

I am so sick and tired of lenovo

donotmention
SCSI Port
Views: 796
Message 47 of 258

Because it is not a one off manufacturing defect but how all y540 have been made. Like weird keyboard of y740 u have yo live with weird noise from y540 speaker

tthinktwicee
Paper Tape
Views: 763
Message 48 of 258

how long did ur whole replacement process take??? im planning to drop my laptop off at ups for the replacement tmr and at this point and im really wondering if its actually worth it for me to go through this hassle only for them to send me a replacement with the same issue....

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

TripleT1
Paper Tape
Views: 756
Message 49 of 258

When I filed for a replacement laptop I made them send me the new one first before I sent back the old one.

Mine was a custom ordered  Y540 model so it took them about 9-10 business days to get it assembled and sent out and since it’s coming from China and I’m in the USA, it took another 5-6 business days to arrive. 

I wasted about a month and a half all together from first ordering the laptop to returning the replacement one and saying goodbye to it forever. 

tthinktwicee
Paper Tape
Views: 752
Message 50 of 258

how did u get them to send u the new one first before u return it??? that would be great if i have a laptop to use during the replacement process...

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors