Options

8 Posts

09-28-2019

EG

16 Signins

89 Page Views

• Views: 89
  • Message 31 of 32

Re: Lenovo Y540 with an audio desync issue. (DPC Latency Maybe?)

2019-11-23, 11:39 AM

I had this problem for more than 2 months now, until yesterday.

I contacted lenovo legion twitter account.

They suggested some solutions that didn't work but the last suggestion works just fine with not bad DPC latency.

Here: 

"Another helping hand here. Kindly try these troubleshooting below :

1. Go to Lenovo support page for your laptop model and download Intel Rapid Storage Tehnology (IRST) Driver and install it.

2. Open Device Manager, expand Storage controllers, right click on "Standard NVM express controller" and then select "Update driver".

3. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer", and then "Have Disk..." and "Browse".

4. In opened Locate File windows navigate to "c:\Drivers\Intel IRST Driver\Source\" (this folder will be created if you have installed IRST driver from the first step), and select the first file that will be shown in that folder.

5. There will now be "Intel Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller" shown in Model list and you can select it and install it. Just confirm that you want to install it if there is a message about compatibility or something similiar.

6. If you managed to install this new driver (there should be "Intel Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller" insted of "Standard NVM express controller" in the Device manager under Storage controllers), just restart your laptop and it should be all fine now, without desync, latency or popping/crackling."

Options

8 Posts

12-06-2019

FR

8 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 32 of 32

Re: Lenovo Y540 with an audio desync issue. (DPC Latency Maybe?)

2019-12-06, 12:36 PM

Hi, can you confirm that your standard microphone is working properly, please?
Because for me, applying all the corrections, it's either the crack of sound or the inaudible microphone.

But I can not solve the 2 problems.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete