cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vajahatalee
Paper Tape
Views: 2,397
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Y700 15.6 Wireless adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165) is showing abnormal behavior

I have Lenovo y700 gaming laptop. It has windows 10 home operating system. Since past few weeks wireless adapter(Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165) is showing abnormal behavior. Many times wireless/wifi available connections list becomes empty. I have tried installing latest drivers from both Lenovo and Intel website against Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 adapter. I suspect windows 10 updates has done something wrong. Sometimes after trying installing drivers again and again fix the issue but appears again after few restarts.
Wedge1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,258
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Y700 15.6 Wireless adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165) is showing abnormal behavio

Same problem here mate, but no response from Lenovo yet...

mikerg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,235
Message 3 of 8

Re: Lenovo Y700 15.6 Wireless adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165) is showing abnormal behavio

I had a problem with blue screens a few months ago. After wasting lots of time troubleshooting, I finally found that Windows update had automatically installed the wrong wireless driver. Can't remember what I installed, but it got rid of the problem. You need to use device manager when looking at this.

You can also turn off the ability of Windows to "update" device drivers. I  did this for awhile and it prevented the bad driver from coming back. Of course, at some point you want updates so you will have to reverse it.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=prevent+windows+update+from+istalling+drivers&view=detail&mid=E...

Wedge1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,231
Message 4 of 8

Hello Mike,

We don't have any problems with Blue Screens or "bad drivers". It doesnt matter which driver we install for the AC-3165 card, the card just doesn't work. Tried the latest driver and previous versions, no result.

This all happens after the Windows Anniversary Update.

Windows and the rest of the laptop works perfectly fine, except for the wifi-adapter.

vajahatalee
Paper Tape
Views: 2,229
Message 5 of 8

I returned by laptop for service and Lenovo(Germany) changed my wireless card to some other company(Qualcomm) wireless card. Now its working fine.

Wedge1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,227
Message 6 of 8

Can you give the type nr. of that card? Any specific information about it?

In my country they just say it's my own problem - i'll try to replace it myself.
vajahatalee
Paper Tape
Views: 2,223
Message 7 of 8

Its Qualcomm Atheros wireless card. I think these wireless cards are not very costly. For example you can check ebay for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165. It will be around 15 Euros only. Also you can use usb wireless adapter for now for quick solution.

Wedge1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,219
Message 8 of 8

I understand but which Quallcomm-Atheros card is installed. It is a specific type f.e.;

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/catalog/wi-fi?product_filters=JTdCJTIyZmllbGRfcHJvZHVjdF9mb3JtX2Zh...

What Lenovo Germany did is remove the Intel AC-3165 and replaced it by a certain Quallcomm-Atheros card that is fit for the motherboard of the Y700.

You can look-up the type at device manager (right mouse click on the windows logo, bottom left of the screen).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors