GB

2 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y700-15ISK 80NY - M.2 SSD Not recognized

2019-01-24, 19:44 PM

I have a Lenovo Y700-15ISK laptop which is the AMD model. Model Name: 80NY

I currently bought a Samsung MZ-V7E500BW 970 EVO 500 GB V-NAND M.2 PCI Express Solid State Drive

The problem is that when I put it in the slot and turn on my pc it is not recognized, I tried taking it off and putting it in back again multiple times. Disk Management doesn't recognize the device nor does the booting mode. I have tried legacy boot mode as well. I have tried Installing windows fresh again but it doesn't seem to be recognized. Please, can someone tell me if this SSD is even compatible with this laptop or is this SSD just broken and I need to get a replacement?.I have tried watching a lot of videos online but none seem to work.

I know its PCIe so it's supposed to work, I also looked in this forum https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/M-2-SSD-Compability-on-Lenovo-Y700/td-p/3822855

Please, can someone please tell me if this is supposed to even work with this laptop. And yes I have had a look at multiple other forum pages asking similar questions, please refrain from referring me to other similar questions asked by others, instead just tell me what I should do or tell me if this SSD is even compatible with my laptop.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Kind regards,

Nafis

Moderator note: image containing serial number removed to prevent abuse.  MT-M is 80NY002CUS

Options

7879 Posts

01-13-2008

US

76950 Signins

2166058 Page Views

• Views: 2166058
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y700-15ISK 80NY - M.2 SSD Not recognized

2019-01-24, 20:07 PM

Hello and welcome,

According to the image you posted (which I removed since the S/N was displayed) you have a Y700-15ACZ, not a -15ISK.

Your AMD-based machine apparently doesn't support NVMe m.2 drives.  I'm not quite clear on whether they must be SATA-only or whether a PCIe/AHCI drive would work.

This thread may provide more information:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Laptops/Lenovo-ideapad-Y700-15ACZ-M-2-SSD-Upgrade/td-p/2185652

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save