cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cloves
Punch Card
Views: 532
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Y700 15ISK Completely Died While Building Overviews in Software (Serato DJ)

Just got this laptop 2 months ago via amazon. I am a DJ and use Serato DJ software. I have only played 1 party with the new laptop. I am running windows 7 and windows 10 (difference partitions)

Today I decided to build the overviews of my music collection. The software uses all 8 cores (8 songs at a time) to build them. I had the laptop running for about 2 hours. Everything was running fine. I even have the laptop slightly elavated in the back to get extra air flow. All of sudden the laptop shut off. I noticed that the charge light on the front of the laptop was no longer while. Power brick was pretty hot which seems normal for the intense core usage.

Called tech support and went through some tech support, have to call back since there database was down.

I suspect something on the laptop motherboard or memory etc went toast. This is my first Lenovo laptop ever. I have been a Dell guy for over 10 years, never ever had any hardware issues in 4 other laptops. 

What can I expect from Lenovo warranty service? Anyone have any other thoughts on what the heck could have happened. This is probably the most intense I have run the laptop. DJ with the software isn't as intense as building overviews. Think of it as rendering.

cloves
Punch Card
Views: 469
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Y700 15ISK Completely Died While Building Overviews in Software (Serato DJ)

<Bump>

PS anyone stress testing this laptops? Any recommendations on what software to use? I am sending this in for repair, Lenovo told me I would get a new motherboard if that is the cause of the issue. Still not impressed that something 2 months old stopped working!

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 459
Message 3 of 7

Re: Lenovo Y700 15ISK Completely Died While Building Overviews in Software (Serato DJ)

The are known to overheat if you read enough thread gamers have posted running them hard with games. I am not really surprised.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

cloves
Punch Card
Views: 454
Message 4 of 7

Wow, have not seen these threads. From what I read there should be a thermal shut off it its the chip that got overheated. 

cloves
Punch Card
Views: 406
Message 5 of 7

Bad Battery Cause NO Boot Up and Or Lights showing?/

Lenovo repair depot says the battery on the laptop is defective! They have no idea when a replacement battery will be available.

I have been working with laptops for over a decade, if the battery on the laptop dies and its plugged, the laptop should still turn on and boot and work. The battery is source for power only when plugged in.

Anyone else think this is correct? Its been almost a MONTH since I have had a working laptop. HORRIBLE service!

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 404
Message 6 of 7

Re: Bad Battery Cause NO Boot Up and Or Lights showing?/

Call and ask for a case manager. I you sit back or just post here it does nothing. This is a use forum to communicate with others and not with Lenovo or service. You need to contact them directly. Even chat or email is better than posting here since it goes nowhere.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

cloves
Punch Card
Views: 403
Message 7 of 7

Re: Bad Battery Cause NO Boot Up and Or Lights showing?/

I have been on the call with Lenovo support multiple times. They are telling me that a case manager will be calling me back in 3 business days.

I am hoping to either confirm my suspicions or not about the battery issue. I can't be the only person who's new battery died and won't boot up if what they are saying is correct.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors