Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ludvig32
What's DOS?
Views: 555
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Y700-15ISK screen issues

I recently bought this laptop and I have two problems:

1. Especially when the screen is black, there is a green light on the upper part of the screen. I don't know what causes it maybe a led or something is installed badly (it's a 5 cm² area). Should I take it back and ask for a new one?

2. This problem is related to scaling. When it is set to 100%, everything is small but crystal clear. When at 150%, everything looks normal but some apps like Steam, BitTorrent... are blurry like they were just zoomed on. Reinstalling windows and drivers should solve this? Simply reinstalling drivers didn't help.

Thanks!

andywat
Paper Tape
Views: 541
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Y700-15ISK screen issues

I don't know anything about your first problem (it may be a hardware problem), but I do know something about the second. Some programs (Steam, for example) aren't made for high-dpi screens. for these programs that appear blurry, right click on their icon (on the desktop), and click properties. Under the compatibility tab, check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". This should work after you restart the program.

ludvig32
What's DOS?
Views: 510
Message 3 of 5

Did what you said, I don't think this is healthy (I mean the text and size of pics etc.).

http://postimg.org/image/6ua735aov/

andywat
Paper Tape
Views: 504
Message 4 of 5

I don't believe there's any other option. Either deal with it being blurry, or deal with it being small. For Steam you can try a skin, but I don't think anything else can be done.

Capitao
What's DOS?
Views: 357
Message 5 of 5

About his first problem, I have it too on my brand new Y700 15ISK, on the right side of the screen. You can't see it when the image is bright, but on dark images it really matters. It´s kind of a blur of faint light and every time i make some pressure with my fingers from behind the screen, the blur moves. I really think this is a defect on this model from fabric. In fact, I will take it back to the store tomorrow.

Also, I have experienced some troubles when playing games (after a while the screen becomes minimized and I can´t get full screen back).

Top Kudoed Authors