11-05-2016

IN

4 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y700 - Drive D and E not showing anymore

2016-11-05, 22:35 PM

Hi, I have Lenovo Y700 gaming laptop which I purchased 5 months back. My drive D and E (which equals to 900 GB) doesn't show up anymore. It used to happen before but after a restart it would be ok so I ignored it lately. Today while accessing those drives I got the error message "The request failed due to fatal device hardware error". I restarted my PC and now those drives doesn't appear anymore. 

Intel Rapid Storage Technology prompts that I should supress the problem of SATA disk (932 GB). Doing that doesn't change anything either!!

Please help. It would be highly appreciated.  

Options

5385 Posts

05-09-2013

US

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y700 - Drive D and E not showing anymore

2016-11-08, 13:14 PM

wrote:

Hi, I have Lenovo Y700 gaming laptop which I purchased 5 months back. My drive D and E (which equals to 900 GB) doesn't show up anymore. It used to happen before but after a restart it would be ok so I ignored it lately. Today while accessing those drives I got the error message "The request failed due to fatal device hardware error". I restarted my PC and now those drives doesn't appear anymore. 

Intel Rapid Storage Technology prompts that I should supress the problem of SATA disk (932 GB). Doing that doesn't change anything either!!

Please help. It would be highly appreciated.  

Looking at the pictures, only your ssd is working and booting. What does your bios show? Does it show your hdd? If not, then either it is disconnected or had crash.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete