cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
furqansafdar
Punch Card
Views: 811
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Y700 Error, Screen goes Blank (Black Screen)

Really frustrated after buying Lenovo Y700 15ISK recently. All drivers updated even applied steps from this post but still randomly screen goes blank (Black screen) while the power is still on. Also observed that harddisk light blinking turns off too after this.

Is it hardware related issue?

Please help to resolve it.

Guru
Views: 788
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Y700 Error, Screen goes Blank (Black Screen)

Does it come back on, or does it shut the PC off? It seems like it could be an issues that's causing the computer to shut off, not a graphics driver issue

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

furqansafdar
Punch Card
Views: 765
Message 3 of 6

No it doesn't come back. I have to forcefully shut it down by holding the power button.

Please suggest what to do?

Guru
Views: 744
Message 4 of 6

Try installing these video drivers. Install both, and let me know how it goes. 

Intel: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/IdeaPad-Y-Series-laptops/y700-15isk/do...

Nvidia: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/IdeaPad-Y-Series-laptops/y700-15isk/do...

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

furqansafdar
Punch Card
Views: 681
Message 5 of 6

Did the same downgrade my drivers even with the provided drivers but still the problem came. Seems the harddrive is crashing because after this incident the harddrive light blinking disappears. What measures should i take now?

amajeed
Paper Tape
Views: 195
Message 6 of 6

I am having the same problem with my Lenovo Y700 ... the frequency seems to have increased.

I have played game for long hours on this PC and it never went black screen. But general work on the desktop applications (office etc) and suddenly the screen goes off

All my drivers are updated 100% .. I tried re-installing the OS but still the problem persists

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors