cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
INFERNO
Punch Card
Views: 4,046
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Y700-ISK & Lenovo Y700-ACZ (( HEATING FIX ))

HEY guys i m back with another fix for not only Lenovo Y700-15ACZ (( AMD )) but also for the Lenovo Y700-15ISK (( INTEL )). This method is to fix the HEATING problem in both Lenovo Y700 model

I m the same guy who discovered the throttling fix for Lenovo Y700-15-ACZ pls refer to the following link if u are having problem with the throttling of AMD FX-8800p

LINK==>> https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/ideapad-y700-15ACZ-throttle-FIX-I-GOT-THE-SOLUT...

***********************NEW FIX 2-7-2016*********************

Now i came across a new problem of heating on the right side of the laptop which u will see in the pic with blue hilighted area

How to Fix the issue==>>

1. remove the black cotton filter cloth located under the hood when you open the back cover (( see pic with red      highlited area. Doing tjis will solve your 50% problem of throttling

DSCN1411.JPGHeat portionDSCN1400.JPGblack cloth location

How To Fix**********

1. locate the two fans and run any heavy game or some program for sometime with the lid open you will see that the region in the middle of the FAN and the EXHAUST is having a gap and air comes out of it (( feel it with your hands))

2. its an absolute design flaw by LENOVO

3. Now take a PVC tape or any take that can hold a lot of heat as we are going to seal the gap with it.

DSCN1401.JPGPVC tape horizontalDSCN1402.JPGPVC tape verticalDSCN1408.JPGPVC tape HDR FLASH

NOW THE LENOVO Y700-15ISK & LENOVO Y700-15ACZ IS FULLY FIXED NO HEATING PROBLEM AFTER THAT I PLAYED SEVERAL GAMES 

NO THROTTLING

NO LAG (( DEPENDS ON ROOM TEMPERATURE ))

NOW 100% AIR FLOWS THROUGH THE EXHAUST AND NO CIRCULATION OF HOT AIR INSIDE THE LAPTOP   IF ANY QUESTIONS COMMENT HERE

THANKYOU. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,932
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Y700-ISK & Lenovo Y700-ACZ (( HEATING FIX ))

One additional suggestion to your well documented posting, did you ever clean the fans with some compressed air?   Fan blades caked with dust can also effect the cooling efficiency, cause noisier operation and premature bearing failure. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Dominicano4u16
What's DOS?
Views: 3,779
Message 3 of 4

Thanks man i just did this about 3 days ago and i haven't replied to this msg since i was trying out your method. And yes it does play without throttling, Ever, Niente. No really no more throttling maybe one time but it was cause its really hot in my house maybe 79 room temp and its not cool like say someone with a normal temp of 73 etc. But yes im happy with the acz model with the fix you provided. Thanks man. Cheers.

mleGreen
What's DOS?
Views: 3,046
Message 4 of 4

Has anyone else tried this?

I've done it a week ago and here is my result compare to another Lenvo y700 15isk w/o the mod.

Modded lenovo: cpu runs cooler compared to the other lenovo by 10 degrees. But on the right side surface its 10 degrees hotter.

modded lenovo: after 2 hours of csgo; average cpu temp: 43 degress F

right side surface is 117 degrees F

un-modded lenovo: after 2 hours of csgo: average cpu temp: 56 degrees F

right side surface is 105 degress F

I was wondering if anyone got the same results. Basically, cpu runs cooler but that right side area gets hotter. I'm guessing because the leaked air isn't cooling that inner area, but instead is concentrating on the heatpipes. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors