08-02-2016

AT

5 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y700 - No Power

2016-08-02, 9:54 AM

I bought my laptop from BH not even 1 month ago and barely used the laptop since I travel a lot. Today in the morning, I was watching a video and laptop just shutdown itself (battery was almost fully charged and unplugged) like you unpluge a TV and the screen disappears. Afterwards, I tried to open it but simply power button does not work. I plugged in the adapter but there is no sign that laptop is working (no lights, no screen, no fans, nothing).

I cannot believe I am having such a stupid problem like this. Is there anyone knows what can be the problem and the solution ?  (I already tried to remove the rams and replaced with working rams but nothing changed)

Currently I live in Austria and I don't even know if the warranty covers in this country.

Options

10773 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

6901 Signins

735289 Page Views

• Views: 735289
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y700 - No Power

2016-08-02, 15:36 PM

Hi CandyDulfer , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

I would help if you specify the type of  Y700 or if you can provide the machine number.

Check on the machine number from the sticker or check it from here ,just keep your serial number confidential.

Any indicator light when you plug in the charger like a battery charging light?

It would help if you can test the charger itself with a voltmeter if you have the tools and skill by following the power checkup guide from your hardware manual downloadable from the support site (change the product type if needed. Known good adapter can also help to isolate the issue.

Since the battery is internal and the issue is with power , it would be best to check technical support if they would be able to assist you for repair as specific models parts may not available in Austria and you may have to contact the location of purchase for in warranty service. 

German
01 / 9287666 (zum Ortstarif)

7:00-20:00 Uhr Montag – Freitag, 10:00 – 18:00 Samstag und Sonntag

Update us how it goes. 

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete