cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TFBrain
Paper Tape
Views: 100
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y700 Power Jack/Port Not Working PLEASE HELP!!

I have a lenovo Y700 gaming laptop, the other day I tried to plug in a cord, and it didnt work, I thought it was because the

jack was loose inside the case so I glued it. But it was still acting up! So I saw I had gotten some clue on the plug so I scraped it off.

It still gave me trouble, so I used acetone to scrape glue (if there was any) inside the port/jack and the plug, still didnt work!

I have opened the thing up to look at the connections, they appear to be fine, I used a voltmeter to test connectivity on the plug,

it seems fine and so does the cord/adapter. Only jiggling the plug that goes into my computer itself changes if the computer detects

the adapter or not. This is a real pain in the neck and I have to adjust the cord every 5 minutes just to keep getting power. I dont

know why it randomly stopped working but it is really frustrating and I cant figure out what is wrong! Please help!

TFBrain
Paper Tape
Views: 98
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y700 Power Jack/Port Not Working PLEASE HELP!!

Here is the jack and plug just to show. I forgot to mention I checked the pins connecting the jack to the mobo, they seemed fine, but I pushed them a little more in just in case.

WIN_20190715_17_20_40_Pro.jpgWIN_20190715_17_21_03_Pro.jpg

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors