03-31-2016

US

8 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y700 Touch Speaker Static

2016-03-31, 22:36 PM

Hey all so I've looked everywhere to see if anyones experiencing this same problem and have come up empty handed so figured I'd start a post and see if anyone has a solution.

The problem I'm having is with the Left and Right speakers (Not the Subwoofer though) emitting a low static from the moment the laptop is powered on and persists throughout my normal usage, I've updated to the most recent driver available from Lenovo for the Realtek Audio as well as updating every other Driver and the BIOS, have fidgeted with every setting available to me and still cannot find a way to fix the issue.. I have also tried a clean install of Windows 10 using only the drivers that lenovo supplies and I'm still getting this same issue.

My main worry is that it's something to do with the Speakers connection to the motherboard, potentially a bad grounding connection as the static does not increase with the volume level of the laptop and stays at a constant level. I'm not skilled in the minor ins and outs of how the Motherboard is setup and I don't want to void my warranty opening the laptop in case that is the problem since I couldn't fix it myself and a new Motherboard costs more than the actual laptop itself. I purchased it through my local Best Buy as an open box item since it was discounted quite a bit for Black Friday and sadly cannot get it exchanged since I only noticed this problem after their return policy was up. I'm hoping someone might have experienced this issue as well and found a fix for it, if so please let me know if you have a solution

Edit: The other thing I wanted to mention is that the static is not present when using Headphones or external speakers so I'm going to say it's probably nothing to do with the Audio Card, as well as the fact the Subwoofer doesn't have any static issues either.

Thank You.

Options

3836 Posts

12-11-2015

US

4368 Signins

49262 Page Views

• Views: 49262
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y700 Touch Speaker Static

2016-04-01, 0:19 AM

Sounds like a loose connection, but if your laptop is still covered under warranty, I would call Lenovo warranty support... It could not hurt to ask if they will fix it under warranty.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist_full?linkTrack=footer:Support_Phone%20List

If not, here is the Hardware Maintenance Manual

ideapad Y700-15 17 Series Hardware Maintenance Manual

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_y700-15_17isk_15acz_touch-15isk_hmm_201510.pdf

Good Luck

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete