Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
takotakumi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,428
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Y700 Very slow and stuttering with Youtube and Windows Media Player

So I upgraded from a Lenovo y510p around in August to a Y700 and immediately noticed that it was better at gaming back for everything else it was slow. I thought it must have been an update or maybe games but I have unistalled the games with plenty of space left and its driving me insane because even on slower laptops I will never have it get stuck or loading with simple stuff like youtube or selecting another song in windows media player.

Any idea how to fix this? I have always set to High Perfomance mode, disabled tons of services from the boot and msconfig and very few applicactions running from what I know.

Thanks

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 1,353
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Y700 Very slow and stuttering with Youtube and Windows Media Player

Hi takotakumi, 

There are 2 posibile reason for the issue. 1st is software and the 2nd is hardware. Lets try to check both. For software try loading the system in safe mode, to check if there was any 3rd party software was causing the issue. If it is software issue, try and isolate the software causing the issue by un-installing the software. 

For hardware try running Lenovo Solution Center or Lenovo Companion for hardware diagnostic back in windows normal mode. If you find any hardware issue after the diagnostic test then better to call Lenovo Warranty Support for assistance. You can get in-touch with Lenovo by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page under Support. Also try updating the drivers for the video card of the system.

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
takotakumi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,350
Message 3 of 6

I will try this later today and inform back with results. Thanks
takotakumi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,293
Message 4 of 6

So I ended up reformatting it and while its faster it still stutters a bit.

However, I just found out the other day the computer I use at work is a SSD so perhaps

why I find it slower...Maybe I got so used to it that I found my laptop slower in comparison.

I will try to ugprade to  a SSD in the future.

Is it possible to purchase a SSD M2 and install windows there and use the older HD for storage only?

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 1,291
Message 5 of 6

Hi,

I would recommend that you check the Hardware Maintenance Manual of the laptop. You should be able to download the document form support.lenovo.com under documentation. This should give you a list of parts tested for the unit.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
takotakumi
Paper Tape
Views: 1,178
Message 6 of 6

Hi so I reformarted and restored the laptop to factory settings a month ago and it still displays same problems.

Another issue I forgot to add before was that the wifi seemed to stutter as well. For instance it loaded pages, then displayed there was no internet, then got back seconds later. It's very frustating.

I went ahead and ordered a Samsung 256GB M.2 SATA 80mm SSD to see if this could improve perfomance.

How would I go about using my same Windows Licence for installing a copy of it on the new hard drive?

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors