Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalp93
Paper Tape
Views: 181
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y700 battery issues - horrible customer service

I bought my Lenovo Y700 laptop last December and I started having battery issues around 6 months back. The battery randomly goes to zero even when the charge is at 30-40% and the charger is not connected. The battery of this laptop doesnt last more than 90 minutes even when full charged on moderate use(browsing/reading word docs). First raised this issue with Lenovo around July and did many troubleshooting steps but to no avail. Finally I ended up shipping my laptop to Lenovo depot for a week to get this fixed but even when the laptop was returned from the facility it had the SAME ISSUE!

Called the customer care yesterday to ask for a Refund but they denied and asked me to send the laptop back to the facility for another repair. Horrible customer service. How is a customer supposed to keep sending their device back to their centers every other week? Asked the customer service people to escalate this to Customer Relationship team and they denied saying there system wont let them escalate the issue. They offered a warranty extension but then backed out of it saying we can only offer that when you send the device back to us. I cannot send the machine back without having a spare machine as it obstructs my work.

This is by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 145
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y700 battery issues - horrible customer service

Try insisting on speaking to the service manager about this. Was the battery replaced out of curiousity. Its an FRU normally.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

kalp93
Paper Tape
Views: 136
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y700 battery issues - horrible customer service

Thanks! Yeah they did say that the battery was replaced.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors