Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bpotter1540
Paper Tape
Views: 1,960
Message 11 of 20

Re: Lenovo Y700 keyboard issue

Hello, I have a friend here who has a Lenovo Y700 and it has been giving an issue lately that he has made rather obvious constantly cursing and saying how much he hates his laptop so I decided I was going to come here and ask y'all for some help or advice.

The issue he is having is with his keyboard. The only example I have of this issue is when we play Garry's Mod. The popular steam game. He can play for a while. We have a good time messing around with stuff. Then his keyboard stops working. All he can do is look around and when he tries walking, he walks in one direction and can't stop it. The only solution he has is temporary. He just shuts down his laptop then turns it back on, then the same issue occurs between 10 minutes to an hour or 2.

We have factory reset it once and it worked for a little while but then the same issue came back and he is getting really annoyed by it. If any of you have a solution to this very problem or a solution to a problem similar to this, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Mod's Edit:  Merged this post with existing discussion.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,914
Message 12 of 20

Welcome to the Lenovo Community bpotter1540 !

I merged your posting with an existing discussion on the keyboard issue.  Please review the previous postings for possible solution.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Highlighted
Shadder2k
What's DOS?
Views: 1,911
Message 13 of 20

I have problem with my laptop, when i use my laptop i see some problem with my keyboard. At different time keyboard stop working randomly at different time, when i start typing keyboard stop working till i restart the device and again around a couple of hours again.. what can i do ?

Mod's Edit: Merged this post with existing discussion.

clearjab
Paper Tape
Views: 1,889
Message 14 of 20

Re: Lenovo y700 keyboard stop working

If your mechanical features still work (try to turn on and off your backlit with fn+space bar) then its not the keyboard itself but something in the system hangs or makes the keyboard driver to crash I have the same issue but on a y510 dont know what is causing it but try to put the laptop to sleep with the windows menu - power - sleep and wake it up after the laptop goes to sleep if the keyboard starts working again the we are on the same boat

Mod's Edit: Merged this reply and its original post to an existing discussion.

rbasomb
What's DOS?
Views: 1,730
Message 15 of 20

Also had the same keyboard problem. Will try to update the BIOS when i can, but right now the Support page in lenovo.com seems down.

Error Code : a698752cacbb8a9a4317835fda4115cf

500 internal server error
Please return to the homepage back.

henr318h
Paper Tape
Views: 1,615
Message 16 of 20

We are about 25 students that bought this laptop for working i Autodesk Revit, and we have the exact same issues with the keyboard. When we try to restart it shuts down and tries to restart in the bios, but with the keyboard out of function, we have to do a hard reset (power botton 10 sec) to make it come alive again. This happens frequently.

I've just tried the advice with updating the bios, but I get this error when trying to install: "The process does not recognize this system" (pic attached).

As mentioned we are at least 25 students whose main working tool is Revit, and the company who sold us them are saying it's a compatibility problem and hence not their problem.

Can someone help me get the download to install?

Regards

Henrik

henr318h
Paper Tape
Views: 1,614
Message 17 of 20

Hi, I´m having trouble finding the correct driver. Is it possible you could share it?
adriansnetlis
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,090
Message 18 of 20

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/My-IdeaPad-Y700-keyboard-often-goes-unresponsiv...

A reference to the similar problem. So guys - any way to overcome this problem on Linux since Lenovo provides only BIOS updates for  windows?

gabs09
What's DOS?
Views: 1,029
Message 19 of 20

hi, this has happend do me a few times as well but only when i was playing a video game so I am not sure if it was a coincidence or not and when I check it says my drivers are up to date for my keyboard do you have any suggestions?

thanks

noban
What's DOS?
Views: 262
Message 20 of 20

Have Ubuntu 16.04 + latest (as of 2018-March-20) nvidia drivers (don't have laptop at hand - can't tell exact version).

Solved by selecting to use ONLY Discreet GPU (Nvidia only - no switching between Intel HD and Geforce).
Selection must be made in BIOS ( To access BIOS press F2 during boot ).

So far solved all problems (have suspicion this can solve freezing problems on Windows as well)

Current BIOS version: CDCN27WW

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors