Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FL_Gator15
What's DOS?
Views: 89
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y720 + 2 USB powered monitors go nuts when I plug in additional USB device

Brief bullet point explanation of my issue:

• I use my Lenovo Y720 for day trading programs and such.
  • I have a 4 port USB 3.0 hub plugged into one of my three USB 3.0 ports.
  • I have two USB powered ASUS monitors plugged into the hub and utilize these with no issues as screens 2 & 3 with my Y720 screen.
  • I have an Elgato Stream Deck for hot buttons plugged into another one of my Y720's USB 3.0 ports that also works smoothly.

This leaves me with one USB 3.0 port on my Y720 and 2 on my USB hub.

• However, whenever I plug in one more USB device (such as my portable hard drive), the screens start flickering on and off (the way they do when you add one more screen and it's figuring out which screen is 1, 2, 3, etc.) But it just keeps doing that. It never settles in. They keep going on and off like I'm plugging in and unplugging a screen. I'm forced to unplug one USB device (no matter which I choose) to get the screens back to normal.

I'm moderately tech savvy but not with the intricacies of graphics cards, etc. and am resorting to this post to see if anyone can point me in the right direction which will allow me to use all of what I need to use. I wasn't even sure what to search for in these forrums for my problem. If there is a thread that answers this questions, I'd love to read it.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 45
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y720 + 2 USB powered monitors go nuts when I plug in additional USB device

Hello FL_Gator15, Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried disabling panel refresh? If you haven't follow these steps.

Open Control Panel for Intel® Graphics
Click on Power
Then for each Plan (select them using the drop down menu) disable Panel Self Refresh.
Ensure that for both Plugged In and Battery (left hand side list) the Plan selected has Panel Self Refresh disabled.
Apply the changes to the settings.

Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors