Did you mean: 
UbW5
Token Ring
Views: 1,977
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Y720 BIOS/UEFI bug

BIOS Version: 4GCN25WW

Steps to reproduce a bug:
1. Create a dual boot system (Windows+Linux).
2. Enter the BIOS and change boot order to boot Linux bootloader at the first place.

DSC00848.JPG
3. Save the settings and turn off the system.
4. Connect any bootable USB drive.
5. Turn on the laptop and press F12 to enter boot menu. Boot from USB drive in EFI or legacy mode.
6. Reboot or shutdown the system and remove USB drive.
7. Enter the BIOS to check boot order settings. Windows boot manager is now at the first place.

DSC00849.JPG

Expected behavior:
Boot order should not reset when USB device is connected.

CyberSimian
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,951
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Y720 BIOS/UEFI bug

@UbW5 wrote:

Enter the BIOS and change boot order to boot Linux bootloader at the first place ... Reboot or shutdown the system and remove USB drive ... Enter the BIOS to check boot order settings. Windows boot manager is now at the first place.

I have a similar problem with a 500-15ISK.  I enter the BIOS, re-order the devices in the boot list, and then save the changes and exit.  But the next boot does not obey the new boot order, and on re-entering the BIOS, the boot order has been reset to the previous boot order.

On the other hand, I also have a 700-15ISK, and changes to the boot order of its boot devices are  retained and obeyed.

The work-around is to use the "Novo Button Menu" to select the device that you want to boot; don't rely on changing the order of the boot devices in the BIOS.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors