Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wwwsam
Paper Tape
Views: 323
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Y740-15ICHg RTX2070 artifacting

Hi everyone,

I recently ran into an interesting problem with this laptop, the infamous nvidia rtx artifacting problem.

I have attached an image to this post.

There's plenty of evidence of this occurring on desktop counterparts, but i could not find anything for laptop/max-q variants.

I'm posting this as I'm curious if this has occurred to anyone and how/when did it happen?

This problem first happened when it was idling on windows desktop after a week of no use. Purple lines across desktop and completely frozen.

Prior few months to this, it had been working perfectly, using it mostly for work and csgo on the side.

After the first artifact occurrence, it has been 100% reproduceable (with it seemingly more likely to occur with higher temperature). It has come in forms of black screen, black screen with lines, lines all over screen, and the infamous nvidia XD artifact.

The attached picture is almost immediately after launching heaven benchmark.

NeoGeo999
Core Memory
Views: 285
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Y740-15ICHg RTX2070 artifacting

You definitely need to send the Laptop for service, it's a hardware problem.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 261
Message 3 of 6

Agreed with NeoGeo999. The artifacting is usually a result of a memory failure or a failure of the GPU itself. There is no software fix.

Be sure to clearly document the diagnosis before sending in.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
wwwsam
Paper Tape
Views: 241
Message 4 of 6

Yep one step ahead of you guys.

I was posting more because i was curious if anybody has seen it on laptop before, and what they think caused it (as my y740 hadn't missed a beat the few months prior).

I had contacted Lenovo support yesterday and have yet to receive any reply.

Does anybody also know the best way to get a response from Lenovo in this situation?

Guru
Views: 212
Message 5 of 6

Depending upon your location, you can call them directly and send the laptop in for a warranty service. How did you contact support?

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
wwwsam
Paper Tape
Views: 184
Message 6 of 6

Because its hard for me to find time to call them during their hours, I did an "Email Support" and have yet to receive any emails (other than the automated confirmation message).

I might try the "Submit eTicket", or if worst comes to worst I will have to try make time to call them.

I'm in Sydney, Australia so it isn't too difficult to contact them, just that we have mismatched hours.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors